GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 08:33

R1 Admission Decisions:

CMU Tepper in Calling R1 Admits   |  Kellogg Calls are Expected Shortly

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval - 710 GMAT, CPA,

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.68
Reviews Badge
Profile Eval - 710 GMAT, CPA,  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 08:49
Good morning,

I was wondering if you could give me a profile evaluation? Please see below:

GMAT 710

GPA 3.67

Have a MS in accounting as well, also got a 3.66.

I have my CPA license.

I just finished my second year at a national firm (BDO,Grant Thornton, RSM) in the audit practice. Since starting I have received one promotion. At my firm I am heavily involved with recruiting. Probably one of the most active people. I attend school fairs and decide which candidates I would like to receive a second glance.

For volunteer expierence I participate in activities through my firm. I've worked with cancer patients before.

I also do a program at my Alma matta where I mentor students 1 on 1 for a full year. I currently have two students, most individuals only have one. I mentor them on career advice and what steps I think would be beneficial. We meet up usually once every few weeks but I communicate with them a few times a week.

One of my letters of recommendation will be from a former senior manager who is now the director of financial reporting at a major sports channel everyone has heard of.

I was wondering if I should get a second letter of recommendation from one of my mentees?

Also now a lot of recruiters have been reaching out, and one recruiter reached out about an analyst position at a major IB (Goldman, Morgan Stanley, Meryl Lynch) for a financial analysis position within their investment management division. Basically one step away from the traders and assisting them directly.

I was thinking of taking this position since I want to go to IB and this seems like a very close position. By the time I start full-time I've had almost two years of audit expierence, and more than a year at the bank as an analysis.

Posted from my mobile device
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Profile Eval - 710 GMAT, CPA,  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2018, 06:23
Hi JayMekk,

Thank you for your post. I am not sure I understand your question. Are you thinking of applying to an MBA program? Or is the question related to the IB offer? If you are thinking about an MBA, what schools are you targetting?

JayMekk wrote:
Good morning,

I was wondering if you could give me a profile evaluation? Please see below:

GMAT 710

GPA 3.67

Have a MS in accounting as well, also got a 3.66.

I have my CPA license.

I just finished my second year at a national firm (BDO,Grant Thornton, RSM) in the audit practice. Since starting I have received one promotion. At my firm I am heavily involved with recruiting. Probably one of the most active people. I attend school fairs and decide which candidates I would like to receive a second glance.

For volunteer expierence I participate in activities through my firm. I've worked with cancer patients before.

I also do a program at my Alma matta where I mentor students 1 on 1 for a full year. I currently have two students, most individuals only have one. I mentor them on career advice and what steps I think would be beneficial. We meet up usually once every few weeks but I communicate with them a few times a week.

One of my letters of recommendation will be from a former senior manager who is now the director of financial reporting at a major sports channel everyone has heard of.

I was wondering if I should get a second letter of recommendation from one of my mentees?

Also now a lot of recruiters have been reaching out, and one recruiter reached out about an analyst position at a major IB (Goldman, Morgan Stanley, Meryl Lynch) for a financial analysis position within their investment management division. Basically one step away from the traders and assisting them directly.

I was thinking of taking this position since I want to go to IB and this seems like a very close position. By the time I start full-time I've had almost two years of audit expierence, and more than a year at the bank as an analysis.

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Profile Eval - 710 GMAT, CPA,  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2018, 11:10
I'm aimed more towards MBA Admissions. I was thinking around the Cornell level. Top 10 - 17. Personally I'd really like to go to Johnson. Do you think I have a shot ?

Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 11:55
Hi JayMekk,

Thank you for your reply. I have insufficient information to go by (and recommend you reach out to schedule a free consultation), so take my recommendation with a grain of salt. Based on your professional and academic background, your profile seems competitive for Johnson (and other Top 10-17 MBA programs). Your profile hits all the characteristics that AdComm are looking for in the admissions process. An essential component of the application and admission will be, however, your success in conveying your story, why you need an MBA, and why now.

I would like to provide more information, but am working with limited details. If you are interested, please reach out to schedule a free consultation so we can discuss your candidacy further (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

JayMekk wrote:
I'm aimed more towards MBA Admissions. I was thinking around the Cornell level. Top 10 - 17. Personally I'd really like to go to Johnson. Do you think I have a shot ?

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 07:19
Thanks! I submitted a ticket on your website for the consultation.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Eval - 710 GMAT, CPA, &nbs [#permalink] 12 Jun 2018, 07:19

Profile Eval - 710 GMAT, CPA,

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: SiaAdmissions

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap