It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 14:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile eval - what questions should I expect come interview time?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile eval - what questions should I expect come interview time? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2016, 16:21
Hey guys,

I would love an eval for M7 (particularly Booth, Wharton, Stanford, HBS)
Background info:
Midwestern white male. 27 Years old.

Test scores:
- GMAT: 710 (Q 47, V 41). *The quant score is my biggest concern.

Academic info:
- Degree: BA in mathematics and economics (double major) in 2012.
- University: Small non-target liberal arts school in Ohio (think Kenyon, Denison).
- GPA: 3.7/4.0
- 4 year member of varsity track and cross country teams in undergrad and was awarded PMA (positive mental attitude) award - only individual award presented each season
- Awards: Was member of winning team at URochester's case study competition for undergrads

Work experience:
- 2 years at incredibly large US financial regulator in hybrid finance/IT role.
- 6 months in Fortune 20 healthcare company's FP&A division working on sales deal modeling.
- Most recently: 2 years on investment team at young higher-end venture capital firm with over $400M AUM (sourcing, diligence and metrics-based advising)

I'm more concerned around the relatively weak quant score (65th percentile) than my professional background but am curious about what you would flag or look for specifically?
I am going to apply regardless and have strong recommendations but want to know what, off of this brief bit of knowledge, you would be asking come interview time?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile eval - what questions should I expect come interview time? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 07:27
WooDrew wrote:
Hey guys,

I would love an eval for M7 (particularly Booth, Wharton, Stanford, HBS)
Background info:
Midwestern white male. 27 Years old.

Test scores:
- GMAT: 710 (Q 47, V 41). *The quant score is my biggest concern.Well for M7 yes the Q score is not ideal- but it is not so far off that I see it being a deal breaker- and your 3.7 GPA helps- especially having the math background.)

Academic info:
- Degree: BA in mathematics and economics (double major) in 2012.
- University: Small non-target liberal arts school in Ohio (think Kenyon, Denison).
- GPA: 3.7/4.0
- 4 year member of varsity track and cross country teams in undergrad and was awarded PMA (positive mental attitude) award - only individual award presented each season
- Awards: Was member of winning team at URochester's case study competition for undergrads

Work experience:
- 2 years at incredibly large US financial regulator in hybrid finance/IT role.
- 6 months in Fortune 20 healthcare company's FP&A division working on sales deal modeling.
- Most recently: 2 years on investment team at young higher-end venture capital firm with over $400M AUM (sourcing, diligence and metrics-based advising)

I'm more concerned around the relatively weak quant score (65th percentile) than my professional background but am curious about what you would flag or look for specifically?
I am going to apply regardless and have strong recommendations but want to know what, off of this brief bit of knowledge, you would be asking come interview time?

I don't think you will get any specific questions on your GMAT quant- if asked- you say that you have done very well in math and quant- citing your strong performance in academics and work- don't let that take away your confidence- I see some great things here- and the kicker will be HOW you present yourself.

If you are looking to give yourself the best odds- then apply in a R1 cycle and I would look to start working with an admissions firm as early as May to prep for next year R1- I see no reason why you cannot do M7 if you put a stellar application together.
Use this link to learn how Stratus can help you and with this link you would get a discount on any services you use with us after your free consult to learn more:
https://stratusprep.com/admissions/busi ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Re: Profile eval - what questions should I expect come interview time?   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2017, 07:27