Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Aidha
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 620 Q49 V27
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Send PM
Re: profile evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMATmission wrote:
jenniferbloom wrote:
GMATmission wrote:
Hi Team,

Need your guidance. First a score of 680 (Q 46, V 37, AWA 6) and then one month later got a score of 620 (Q 49, V27). I retook the exam because I wanted to get a higher score on Quants and was targeting overall score of 720+. Unfortunately, during my retake, I did badly in Verbal (even though I felt I was doing well and my preparation and mock tests reflected a score of 40+).

My profile: Female, Indian, Already have an Indian MBA (but have good reasons to pursue global MBA), worked for 4.5 years in Banking in India, Right now am working for a micro business school in Singapore.
Target schools: LBS, INSEAD, Oxford, Wharton (Finance and Entrepreneurship focused schools)

Now my questions are:

1. Should I retake? - unlike my case, typically scores go up in retakes. Even though the highest score of two takes has not changed, how this drop will be perceived by schools?
2. At current scores, how does my application look like for my target schools?

Awaiting your response.

I'm sorry to hear about your difficult retest. The good news is that you revealed a higher Quant ability. Some schools (in particular, I believe INSEAD) will combine your highest scores from different exams, so you may wish to contact the admissions offices of your target programs to ask if this is possible. However, when it comes time for finance recruiting, you are almost certainly going to have to furnish recruiters with your highest GMAT score, so it makes sense to retake the exam in any case to pull it up to over 700.

Hi Jen,

Thanks for your reply. I retook the test recently and finally got a 700 (Q49, V36). Given all the information, please comment on my application for following schools:

1. LBS
2. INSEAD
3. Wharton
4. NYU Stern
5. Chicago Booth
6. Oxford
7. Cambridge

This is the macro list of schools I am targeting. My focus area is finance. Please feel free to suggest other schools which I should consider.

Yes, it sounds like you now are a good contender for these programs. Also strong in finance (and worth a second look) are Darden, Notre Dame, UNC, and Tepper.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jenniferbloom wrote:
Yes, it sounds like you now are a good contender for these programs. Also strong in finance (and worth a second look) are Darden, Notre Dame, UNC, and Tepper.

Thanks for the quick revert :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
GMATmission wrote:
jenniferbloom wrote:

Thanks for the quick revert :)

Oh, I try!
GMAT Club Bot