Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: profile evaluation 40 year old male 15 years US experience [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ksm999 wrote:
Thank you Jennifer,

am i reading this correctly that the gmat is optional if microenonomics was done which i did at university

https://mitsloan.mit.edu/fellows/admissi ... rocess.php

also my dad was an MIT alumni. not sure if that helps in anyway. the cost factor is infact very deterring at 167K
the return on investment is difficult to justify and it may take 10 years or more to recover this

also would love to hear your opinion if i would fit in to this type of class profile. I do have global experience as i manage an offshore team and an onsite team but its only 5 people in the team

anyway i will definitely explore this option

Yes, you are reading that correctly about the microeconomics (or calculus, etc.) exempting applicants from the GMAT/GRE. The fact that your father is an alumnus of MIT can be helpful to your application, yes, but it won't get you in if they do not feel you are ready and will contribute to the class.
Executive MBA programs allow you to continue your current role and study on weekends or for intensive study periods instead of leaving your role for a year, so I do still recommend that you consider them as well.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: profile evaluation 40 year old male 15 years US experience [#permalink]