Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks so much for the email. In my time at Wharton we had a number of applicants who did fit the same kind of profile that you are suggesting, and it makes sense to me that you would be targeting executive or part time programs. One thing that schools would be interested in would be the depth of your work experience, but also will want to know a bit more about your GPA and where that may be coming from. I might suggest taking a class or two while you are in the process of applying ( there are several online opportunities with good reputations, like UC Berkeley online, or the USDA in Washington DC) that you would be able to show your academic strength. I could see your manufacturing appealing to Ross, for sure.
Its great that your company is sponsoring you- do you know if they have a good sense of communication with the schools that you are considering ( ie; is there a history of students coming from your company?)
Happy to be of help.
Judith ( Fortuna)
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Given your GPA and common applicant pool, your odds of admission will not be strong at any of these programs, but your odds are probably best at Ross part-time. Even with sponsorship, I think Columbia and Wharton's EMBA programs will be tough for you, partly because of your work experience level. I would therefore recommend applying to other, less selective EMBA programs, in addition to (or instead of) CBS and Wharton to optimize your odds. I also recommend that you explain your GPA somewhere in your application.

--Paul Bodine, Great Applications for Business School, www.paulsbodine.com/outcomes

nehasingh1020 wrote:
ryan8697 wrote:
Hello,
First of all, thanks in advance for your help.

I am 27 years old asian male who is looking into apply for part time or executive mba program.
Since my company is going to fully sponsor the program, I am also looking in to executive mba program.

Here are some information about me.
Undergrad: Small division II private college
Major: B.S. Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 2.51
GMAT: 700
Work experience: 5 years and 6 months
Job function: Manufacturing Engineer, Project Manager, Corporate Project Manager-Robotics (chronological order)
License: PE (Certified Professional Engineer), PMP (Project Management Professional)
Company: Privately owned manufacturing company that has around 3,500 employees

Target schools
Part time: Booth, Kellogg, Ross
Executive: Columbia, Wharton
For the executive mba program, I can get a nomination letter from the current employer.

Hi,

You have a pretty good profile. Since your company is sponsoring your MBA, is there a reason why you are opting for an Executive MBA or a Part time MBA. If situation permits, I would suggest you to take up full time MBA. Try taking a decision wisely, and get the best out of the opportunity. To understand your chances at the B-Schools, your detailed profile would be necessary. You can try this: https://goo.gl/BqS0ks

If you are based out of Bangalore, Delhi or Mumbai you can register and interact with the alumni from the top B-Schools: https://goo.gl/Sd1iCJ

Cheers!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for all the responses!
To offset the low gpa, I am thinking about taking one or two graduate level classes. I am thinking about one economic and one management classes. Could you give me an advise on my choice?

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot