Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey you have solid work experience with strong leadership experience coupled with this. Your GPA will not be seen as elite so you will really need to perform well on the GMAT especially if you are considering the top schools. So I would aim for 730+ here. Also, you will have to make a good case for why you need that second MBA and what makes you unique from all of the other Indian IT candidates
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the reply and much needed advice

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey just a last question does Ivy League colleges allow 2nd MBAers , I was going through some article and they mentioned that Stanford , Harvard or any top Ivy League doesn't allow 2 timers

Is that true , if yes than what is the work around. I mean I have done mba in IT but now I want to learn entrepreneurship and focus more on how entrepreneurs are changing world economy. My MBA in IT should not stop me from pursuing that from top Ivy League college

Please help

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for MS-Finance course for Fall-2017 (US)

I am an international student from India. Finished my Engineering Graduate degree in 2010, followed by PGDM in Rural Management from a premier institute in India. I have 3 years exhaustive working experience with Government (central & state-World Bank Project), NGO and non-profit organization in India. Over these years I have been working very closely with Microfinance industry, serving the masses at the bottom of the pyramid .These experiences (which included months of field work, interaction/negotiations with the government and private stakeholders) provided me a very strong push towards my already existing interest in Finance and risk management from my PGDM days.
Profile Detail:
GRE- 307
TOEFL-110
ENGINEERING %-71% ( graduated top of the class, with honors)
PGDM-RM Grade- B
Work ex-3yrs; 2 yrs with World Bank funded flagship project by Government of India, as Block Project Manager; 1 yr with Top Microfinance organization, as Manager Risk and Bank Partnership; also several previous internships at NGO/ state government and private organization.
Extracurricular- Senior Diploma holder in Music(Indian classical), painting/ coordinator at school/ college level forum/ etc;

I am worried about my GRE score! Especially my quant score which is 154 :cry: . I am really short of time to reappear for the test again and also prep for my application.

Target program:
1.UIUC MSF
2.JOHN Hopkins MSF
3.Uconn MS FRM
4 Texas Austin MSF
5. Simon business school MSF
6. GWU/Tulane

Is there any chance for me to get into these listed programs.
Also with my profile can I get into any better programs like WUSL/Vanderbilt/USC or any other?

It would really great if someone could give feedback..kind of lost with the whole process!
GMAT Club Bot