Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
littlegirl wrote:
Hi! Could you evaluate my profile for MBA at Insead, Cornell, and Kellogg? My profile at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hohoanghue/

I will retake GMAT. Target is 750 or + since all mocks were around this score...

I am a 30 years old female from Vietnam. Currently, I work at a container port in vietnam which MAERSK is one of shareholders. I think I will get good LORs from my current boss (CFO) and my co-worker ( head of a department) since I have good performance at the company.

I plan to reapply MAERSK after graduation.

Thanks

Hey there,
And good to hear from you!

Now, I'd LOVE to help you out and get down with your profile.

The thing is I am missing detail.

for starters things are good. You are Vietnamese and female, both of which should work to your advantage. But it's very very hard to give any sort of real evalaution without a REAL

I need a LOT more info from you - school name, employer name, titles, promotions, greatest achievements, volunteer work, sports, community service, religious involvement, leadership.. etc. before I can give you a real evaluation.

It will also be very helpful if you can elaborate upon your goals.

Have a look at some of the other very detailed profile requests on this board and do something similar and I'll be happy to get back to you.

Best,
JF

I hope this helps! And feel free to drop us a line for a free consultation.
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
littlegirl,
I would be optimistic about your chances of admission at 1 or more of these 3 schools, with INSEAD and Cornell as your best bets. You have a strong career profile, a great GMAT score with good English skills, are in a distinctive industry, and above all are a female applicant from a country that does not send a lot of applicants to top schools. You should do well. We would be happy to help you with the process: pbodine@admitify.com.
--Paul Bodine, Great Applications for Business School, www.admitify.com/testimonials

littlegirl wrote:
Hi! Could you evaluate my profile for MBA at Insead, Cornell, and Kellogg? My profile at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hohoanghue/

I will retake GMAT. Target is 750 or + since all mocks were around this score...

I am a 30 years old female from Vietnam. Currently, I work at a container port in vietnam which MAERSK is one of shareholders. I think I will get good LORs from my current boss (CFO) and my co-worker ( head of a department) since I have good performance at the company.

I plan to reapply MAERSK after graduation.

Thanks
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there,

Interesting profile! You are a little bit on the older side, but given that you are a female from Vietnam working in a non-traditional industry, I do think you should be able to craft a compelling story. I don't know all of the details pertaining to your background (such as undergraduate GPA, extracurricular involvement, etc.), but assuming all of that is strong and you are able to get a 750+ on the GMAT, you should be competitive at INSEAD, Cornell, and Kellogg. Feel free to let me know if you'd like to discuss further through a free consultation - I can be reached at info@ivygroupe.com or https://www.ivygroupe.com/contact.

Best,
Shaifali
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Kudos