It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 17:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V25
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 10:50
Name: ABHISHEK JHA

Work Experience: 6+ years of experience in manufacturing industry, currently shift in-charge (supervisory level) in Jindal Steel and Power Ltd., Raigarh (C.G.), INDIA

Test Scores with breakup: GMAT 590 (Q45 V25) Actual test date 19 JULY 2017 (after 3 attempts :problem: )

Interested in: Full time MBA

Profile summary

In 10th I scored 70% (first division)

In 12th I scored 57% (due to some serious health problems in my family) (second division)

In B.Tech I scored 62% (first division)

Participated in "aao hum digital ho jaye" programme, sponsored by IGNOU (to increase awareness regarding the benefits of digital transactions in INDIA)

Participated in various activities during school days.

This year awarded as a "GEM of JSPL" by the Jindal Steel and Power Ltd., INDIA (present company)

I am from steel sector (Manufacturing), we need to handle shifts (day/night) and with such hectic schedule (physically/mentally) I studied for GMAT and gave the examination thrice and the best I scored was only 590.
Please suggest some good B-schools (obviously not the group-A category as they will kick my application out) in USA or Europe where I can apply.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 20

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 12:09
Thanks for sharing your profile. You have a few issues in your profile, you come from a very competitive applicant pool and posses a fairly standard profile also within this profile you do not have much to help you stand out. Also, your GMAT is very low for not only the top schools but also the next level of schools.

Still some great schools out there, if you want to apply with your score as is I would target schools toward the end of the top 50 and orient your target list around schools that address your development needs in a part of the country where you would be ok working post-MBA

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap