It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 13:14

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 05:47
Hi, could someone suggest which colleges should I apply in US, Singapore and Australia based on my profile?

Looking for MBA in finance.

I need suggestions for a few college with the below GMAT score and a few with a score of 700 which I am targetting in next one month.

Indian, Male
- GMAT- 650
- CFA Level 3 cleared candidate
- Silver Medalist in college (2nd rank in Undergraduate BBA Hons.)
- Undergraduate University- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
Course- BBA Hons. + Diploma in liberal studies (4yrs)

- Extra curricular: organised events, won few titles in table tennis, poster making and lan gaming, high altitude trekking and camping, and theatre experience
(all in college time)

- Currently associated with a group which spreads digital literacy through 3D tech in rural areas around Gujarat.

- Total Workex- 4.3 years in financial field as of today. Currently working as a valuation analyst in a consulting firm in M&A and valuations field.

Please let me know if I need to add in detail on any of the above points.

Director
Director
B
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 6

Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 07:01
You carry strong extra curricular, please mention more about your achievements in your professional work experience.While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for candidates who have demonstrated and leadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don’t necessarily mean leading teams – they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

Considering 650 GMAT, below mentioned are some of the b-schools you should consider while applying.

Texas A&M University Mays Business School
Southern Methodist University Cox School of Business
IESE Business School
University of Rochester Simon School of Business
Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business

Considering 700 GMAT, below mentioned are some of the b-schools you should consider while applying.

University of Rochester Simon School of Business
Cornell University Johnson Graduate School of Management
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
New York University Stern School of Business
Columbia Business School
Indian School of Business
NUS, NTU and Yale University - Yale School of Management

Please free to reach us out on +91 9980044412 for free profile evaluation from top b-schools alumni like INSEAD, Wharton, Tuck

General Education
m:+91-99800 44412 , +91-90350 50056
w: http://www.genedmba.com e: info@genedmba.com

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 6

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 09:31
rahul0027 wrote:
Hi, could someone suggest which colleges should I apply in US, Singapore and Australia based on my profile?

Looking for MBA in finance.

I need suggestions for a few college with the below GMAT score and a few with a score of 700 which I am targetting in next one month.

Indian, Male
- GMAT- 650
- CFA Level 3 cleared candidate
- Silver Medalist in college (2nd rank in Undergraduate BBA Hons.)
- Undergraduate University- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
Course- BBA Hons. + Diploma in liberal studies (4yrs)

- Extra curricular: organised events, won few titles in table tennis, poster making and lan gaming, high altitude trekking and camping, and theatre experience
(all in college time)

- Currently associated with a group which spreads digital literacy through 3D tech in rural areas around Gujarat.

- Total Workex- 4.3 years in financial field as of today. Currently working as a valuation analyst in a consulting firm in M&A and valuations field.

Please let me know if I need to add in detail on any of the above points.

Rahul,

A GMAT score of 650 versus 700 will remarkably change the b-schools you could target. I'd like to know more details about your work experience - what are your achievements and how has your career progressed. From what you have mentioned, your profile seems to be good and hence, I'd ask you to the best possible b-schools with a better GMAT score.

Do keep us updated on the new score, whenever you get that

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 10:24
Thankyou for the guidance. I will definitely try to leverage GMAT score in the coming month and update it over here. Meanwhile my career progression:

- Worked for close to 2 years at S&P Global. The profile was into financial analytics and data mining.
- Worked for one year at a broking firm into equity research
- Working for a consulting firm since 1.5 years with my profile into M&A and valuations

Achievements:

S&P: - First among the team members (those who joined with me) to get two consecutive promotions (one lateral and one hierarchical)

- Conducted cross country training for a team of 20 members.

Present firm: - Expected promotion in March (but it will be too late to be considered for applications)
- suggestions on process change which improved overall efficiency by eliminating redundant work and by changing the process of individuals which reduced their time in delivering the work.

Nothing tangible worth mentioning for the second job profile. (since it was a small broking firm with few employees)

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 09:46
rahul0027 wrote:
Thankyou for the guidance. I will definitely try to leverage GMAT score in the coming month and update it over here. Meanwhile my career progression:

- Worked for close to 2 years at S&P Global. The profile was into financial analytics and data mining.
- Worked for one year at a broking firm into equity research
- Working for a consulting firm since 1.5 years with my profile into M&A and valuations

Achievements:

S&P: - First among the team members (those who joined with me) to get two consecutive promotions (one lateral and one hierarchical)

- Conducted cross country training for a team of 20 members.

Present firm: - Expected promotion in March (but it will be too late to be considered for applications)
- suggestions on process change which improved overall efficiency by eliminating redundant work and by changing the process of individuals which reduced their time in delivering the work.

Nothing tangible worth mentioning for the second job profile. (since it was a small broking firm with few employees)

Well a lot will ride on that GMAT. with your current score you would be good for schools in the 20-50 ranking in the US, for most Australian schools too. If you wanted to hit higher ranked schools in America you would really need a 710+.

Best of luck!!!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Re: Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2017, 09:46

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap