GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 19:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 00:26
name is CHARAN. I am writing to you for your valuable advice, as I plan to apply for my MBA later this year for 2019 intake.

My profile:

Current Job: Analyst (Telecom sector) in a multi-national Market research & Advisory company

WE: 48 months ( mostly in Market Research & product development domains in Education, Risk & Due diligence, Background verification and Telecom Industries)

Aim: To pursue career in Management consulting

My main motivation to pursue MBA:

Need a transition from market research industry to strategy consulting. I love solving business problems and implementing strategies more than just writing writing reports, analysing trends or suggesting recommendations.

Education: UG: Chemical Engineering, NIT Bhopal (premier institution), India

GPA: 7.4/10

GMAT: 710

Target colleges: Ross, Haas, Stern, kellog, Tepper, Goizueta, McCombs, Mays, Kelly.

Please evaluate my profile and tell me whether I am headed in the right direction.

Do you think my profile is way too diverse or is it appealing enough for my aspirations to be a Generalist consultant post MBA?

Do I stand a chance in the above mentioned colleges?

Thank you!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B
Affiliations: Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
Re: Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 08:32
Hi Charan,

Great to hear from you! Since we're no longer providing straight profile reviews on this forum (because we don't believe that you competitiveness at different schools boils down to just a few stats or data points), I'll dive right into your specific questions. Re: the appeal of your profile for a career in consulting, the good news is that there is no ideal pre-MBA career for consulting. Those firms look for really smart, analytically-inclined people with a diversity of backgrounds. However, the first step is getting into business school! And for the purposes of your applications, I would encourage you to dig deep and thoroughly explain why consulting is your desired career path and what you hope to achieve in that career in the long-run. Every job in business involves problem-solving so that in and of itself won't be a compelling argument for you, I'm afraid, unless there's more substance behind it :)

In terms of the schools on your list, again, it's tough for me to assess your competitiveness based on a few data points but my sense, based on the info you provided, is that the last 4-5 programs could be realistic for you, with Tepper and McCombs being a bit tougher. It seems like Haas and Kellogg will likely be very challenging for you, though, as will Ross and Stern. You come from a very competitive demographic, unfortunately, who tend to score really high on the GMAT and have very strong academic track records so it's important to consider that context when you're deciding where you want to apply.

I hope that helps! Best of luck to you!

Kindly,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 13 Apr 2018, 08:32

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap