GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2019, 15:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 03:20
Dear all,
Request you to review my profile

GMAT : 720 new format q 49 v 40 awa 5 ir 7

Work experience :3 years and 4 months in YES Bank across investor relations corporate strategy and corporate banking in Mumbai

Extra currics: state level cricket and lawn tennis player. Represented Uttarakhand in various U16 and U18 level state championships. Former captain of school and college cricket and tennis team . Mumbai Cricket association registered player .
Part time model for Runway agency in Mumbai
Part of the initial team of Awaremonk a tech startup for sharing news items

Academics :
X 84% (2007)
XII 87 % (2009)
Software engineer from Delhi college of engineering (2009-2013) 61%
MBA from IIM Lucknow (2013-15) cumulative grade point average of 6 out of 10

Target universities
Duke Fuqua
NYU Stern
MIT Sloan
Michigan Ross
Kellogg
Tepper
Kelley
Rotman Toronto

Want to stay in finance but want to switch to capital markets or asset management or private equity

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 09:06
Hi Kunalnegi123,

Thank you for your post. Nearly all of the programs you've listed are unfortunately going to be out of reach (or significant reaches) with your current profile. When applying from such a crowded and competitive demographic, you should be targeting a GMAT score that is 30+ points above the average for the schools to which you're applying. (That alone doesn't get you in, of course -- it simply "neutralizes" the GMAT and then enables you to compete for a spot based on the rest of your application... essays, resume, recommendations, career goals, school fit, leadership, etc.)

Kelley and Rotman are in range from a score perspective, but they'd each require superb application execution, a superb story, and super specific career goals and school fit articulation in your applications (among other things). Kelley is a very small program (you're looking at probably 40 spots for international males from all countries worldwide in a given class) and Rotman is likely to grow more competitive as some international applicants steer away from the U.S. market. I've included a few links below to help provide further data and context for what I've written here.

Long story short, I think you need to recalibrate your expectations and target schools, boost your GMAT score, and focus on building your story and profile. As of now, you could maybe reach for the back end of the U.S. T25, but your targets should scale down from there. (Extracurriculars from when you were a teenager don't provide much value... even college extracurriculars can feel dated... what do you do outside of work to demonstrate your values, who you are as a person, and potentially position yourself as an engaged community citizen and differentiated leader?)

GMAT Club: MBA Chances for Indian Applicants (Top 50 Analysis)

GMAT Club: The Indian Male MBA Application Guide

Avanti Prep: The Most Overlooked Elements of the MBA Application Process

Best Regards,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
GMAT Club Bot
Profile evaluation   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2018, 09:06

Profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep