Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:29 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
manchevishnu wrote:
Hi,
I have 4 year work in corporate accounts ( in IT consulting firm, not a reputed one)
3 year degree - Bcom (extra curriculars - University volleyball captain, national level volleyball player)
Gmat - 730
Applied for MBA R1 at Rice, USC, Simon, Mendoza , ISB and NYU.
Had interviews with all schools except NYU, results are as follows

NYU, Rice and Simon added me in their waitlist after interview,
ISB, USC, Mendoza rejected after interview.

I feel all the interviews went pretty well.

I am not sure where my profile is weak at, and want to learn what actually schools are looking for.

Hey manchevishnu,

So I see that you have a great profile with fantastic achievements, but just remember that colleges look at more than just one factor. Your amazing GMAT score of 730 is just one part of the equation. To increase your chances of getting accepted, it's important to have a well-rounded profile that showcases your extracurricular activities, academic achievements, work experience, and the impact you've made.

When it comes to colleges abroad, each one has a different application process and set of requirements. Some may require essays; others may ask for videos. My advice would be to research each college and make sure your application is tailored to their specific requirements.

But don't worry; if you take the time to develop a comprehensive profile and tailor your application to each college, you'll be in a great position to get accepted into a top university with great career opportunities.
Admit Expert Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
manchevishnu wrote:
Hi,
I have 4 year work in corporate accounts ( in IT consulting firm, not a reputed one)
3 year degree - Bcom (extra curriculars - University volleyball captain, national level volleyball player)
Gmat - 730

I am not sure where my profile is weak at, and want to learn what actually schools are looking for.

manchevishnu
There's very little information for us to provide an analysis of what could have gone wrong with your applications/interviews. We need to understand your goals, your essays and application submissions, your interview performances etc. in detail. Admit Expert's founder is an ISB alumnus and will be able to analyze your submissions to provide detailed insights.

For a more detailed 1-1 strategy session, please write to contactus@admitexpert.com or fill the form at http://www.admitexpert.com

Looking forward to work with you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
manchevishnu wrote:
Hi,
Gmat - 730

Hey, this seems like a great profile for a top school, but I believe more in-depth review would be required to get an idea of the odds to get into the schools
GMAT Club Bot