Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Admit Expert Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
DebdootGMAT wrote:
Hello everyone!!

I am currently shortlisting colleges for full-time MBA and looking out for colleges in US, European Union and UK. (2023 or 2024 Intake)

GMAT-700 (Q49,V36)
IELTS: 7.5
GPA-3.61/4 (B-Tech: Tier 2 College in India: Petrochemical Engineering)
Experience: 5 years in the Energy Sector (Oil and Gas)- Worked on the Development of Digital Twin for Petrochemical Complexes
Current Position: Senior Manager in an Oil and Gas Downstream Multinational Company.

Post MBA Goal: Consulting Job (Strategy or Technology)
Extra Curricular: District Level Badminton player, Podium finishes in multiple technical symposiums during undergrad. Affiliated to 3 NGO's as volunteer.

I would like to know based on my profile which all colleges should I apply to for a full-time MBA

Thank you all for the responses!!

Have a great day!

Hey DebdootGMAT,

Your profile looks impressive! With a GMAT score of 700 (Q49, V36), an IELTS score of 7.5, and a GPA of 3.61/4 from a tier-2 college in India studying Petrochemical Engineering, you have a solid foundation for MBA studies. Your 5 years of experience in the energy sector and current role as a senior manager in an oil and gas multinational company show your technical skills and leadership potential.

Your goal of transitioning into consulting, particularly in strategy or technology, is a great fit for what an MBA program can offer. And, your extra-curricular activities, such as being a district-level badminton player and volunteering with NGOs, showcase your well-roundedness and leadership qualities.

Based on your profile, I would recommend you consider applying to top MBA programs in the US, EU, and UK, such as Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business, The Wharton School, INSEAD, London Business School, and others.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey DebdootGMAT,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

To begin with, your profile looks good on the surface. Your GMAT and GPA also look decent to target top-B schools. Your work experience also looks satisfactory. Considering your post MBA goal of consulting you can target schools like Tepper,, IMD, HEC, LBS, Kellogg, NYU. It is very important to build a strong application that helps you stand out amidst the pool of applicants. Also, the list of the schools gets improvised after you are ready with your ' Branding for MBA'- Branding is how you portray your profile to business schools. It plays a key role in identifying which schools you have the maximum potential of converting. It is the pre-work that we do with all our applicants.

Overall, you stand a good chance at top schools. However, We would like to know a few details about your profile including your ECs, detailed work experience and other academic accolades in order to give you a thorough evaluation. Hence, If you’d like, we are happy to get on a call with you to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. Feel free to schedule a call with us at your convenience.

We have a 100% success rate for Oil & Gas professionals, you can check more success stories here.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

DebdootGMAT wrote:
Hello everyone!!

I am currently shortlisting colleges for full-time MBA and looking out for colleges in US, European Union and UK. (2023 or 2024 Intake)

GMAT-700 (Q49,V36)
Experience: 5 years in the Energy Sector (Oil and Gas)- Worked on the Development of Digital Twin for Petrochemical Complexes
Current Position: Senior Manager in an Oil and Gas Downstream Multinational Company.

Extra Curricular: District Level Badminton player, Podium finishes in multiple technical symposiums during undergrad. Affiliated to 3 NGO's as volunteer.

I would like to know based on my profile which all colleges should I apply to for a full-time MBA

Have a great day!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
DebdootGMAT wrote:
Hello everyone!!

GMAT-700 (Q49,V36)

Have a great day!

DebdootGMAT hope this finds you well

Considering a GMAT retake may be a good option as it will increase your chances of targeting top-tier MBA programs and potentially increase your eligibility for scholarships. In the current economic climate, maximizing scholarships is especially important.

A GMAT score of 700 may not be sufficient for the top 10-20 MBA programs in the US, however, you can consider schools ranked between 20-35. Schools in this range usually feed to careers in technology and consulting, but with your background, you may also consider programs like UCLA, McCombs, Rice, Duke, and Kenan Flagler if you're interested in pursuing opportunities in the energy sector.

Your profile may be well received by European and UK business schools such as HEC, IESE, Oxford, Cambridge, and Esade, but a GMAT score of 700 could make it more challenging to gain admission.

Please feel free to reach out if you would like any further advice.

Best wishes
GMAT Club Bot