Joined: 09 May 2013
, given: 2
Profile Evaluation - 680 GMAT [#permalink]
21 May 2013, 11:07
1) Brief description of work experience.
7 Yrs of work exp in Sept 2013 in top Indian IT company. The client for the project is one of top 5 financial instituions in the world.360 degree experience in IT starting as a Software Developer to QA Tester to Business Analyst .Currently as a Project Lead handling a team of 10 resources.
I have a 360 degree experience in IT starting as a Software Developer to QA Tester to Business Analyst .Currently as a Project Lead handling a team of 10 resources. I have worked in USA for 3.5 years. For these 7 years , I have worked in Banking and Finance domain with a specialization in US Mortgage.
Also running a small startup business ,which I partner with my father . It is a new guest house and a small food joint setup in an area booming with business . I started it in Jan,2013 and investment for the startup was all done by me alone.
Also have a short term experience of working in an outbound call center after final year in college and before joining full - time work in IT.
Appeared twice :
1. 600(Q48, V25)
2. 680(Q47, V35)
3) Qualification: B.Tech in Computer Science from reputed Indian University , GPA - 3.5
12th - 70%
10th - 92%
4) Extra-curricular activities.
- Captain of school Basket ball team.
- Won competitions related to shot put, javelin throw and long jump.
- Commander of School marchinng team
- Won the district painting competition for consecutive three years.
- Active involvement in our school's NGO by teaching english and maths to poor children in the area and organizing events of food sharing and gift sharing with the poor children.
- In college participated in college Fest. Played a role of event anchor and worked with core team for sponsorships in college fest.
- In the past 7 years , represented company in basket ball meets , fashion shows . Anchored formal events and corporate picnics.
Part of company Propel team
- Family actively involved in community service through NGO's.Family has several donations in various educational institutions , hospitals and NGOs.I have volunteered in several such events.Member of a Lions Club and participate in several social activities.
- Basic knowledge of French Language.
- Done Interior Designing course and worked on several projects.
5) Important certifications - like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
company certified -Certified in Basics of US Mortgage and Credit Reporting .
Company sponsored PMP certifications prep is on going.
6) Target programs.
Good schools in Asia Pacific , USA , Europe , Australia. Courses interested in are:
Informations System, General Management, Strategic Management,e entrepreneurship.
7) When to apply?
8) Post-MBA goal.
My short term Post MBA goal will be Consulting .My long term post-MBA goal is to grow my startup to have a chain of food joints .I also want to make a global impact to society and aspire to open my own NGO .
I believe everything I want to do in life will be made easy with an MBA which will help develop the skill-set I need to grow my business ideas into scalable organizations while also making strides in global social concerns .
9) Additional Info
Language fluency in 4 languages, advanced in 3 , and developmental in French. Hobby is painting . Take interest in Car Racing , horse riding and interior designing and decoration.I am a globetrotter and enjoy travelling. I love cooking Indian delicacies . I am a very good host and love to host cocktail and dinner parties .
My questions are
1) Which all colleges should I apply to based on my profile and choice of career. Preferential regions will be a )USA b) Europe/Australia c) Asia Pacific d)Canada. Kindly let me know the colleges that I have a shot at