GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 22:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2009, 13:26
Hi Alex,
Thank you for answering our questions; I'm sure it's a busy time of year for you so I really appreciate your help. Specifically, I was wondering if you could help me think about my profile that is summarized below.

Professional experience
5 years of experience in consulting and finance with management and client facing responsibilities. Have led due diligene teams on projects that led to multi million dollar private equity commitments, conducted training sessions for clients about private equity, authored research reports about industry sectors, etc.

College/ GMAT
Top 25 liberal arts school
Double major in Political Science and Public Policy (GPA: 3.15ish)
Scoring consistently between 690-710 in practice GMATs (actual date is in 2 weeks)

Extracurriculars
College-
Student Government President in College and High School
Admissions committee in undergrad- interviewed and evaluated prospective students
Boys and Girls Club counselor
Rugby- starting Hooker on a second division team (still playing, but a lot less than I used to).
Worked at a Best Buy stocking shelves, waiter at a local restaurant, etc

Post College-
Fund raising committee for college- cold call people to ask for donations
Alumni interviewer for college- interview prospective freshmen
Church volunteer- lead projects in the NY metro area including painting a local school, food kitchen, etc

Demographics
27yr old Asian-American male from the northeast

I'll be applying to the following schools:
1- Dartmouth Tuck (rd 1)
2- UVA Darden (rd 1)
3- Cornell Johnson (rd 2)
4- Yale SOM (rd 2)
5- Georgetown McDonough (rd 2/3)

So my questions are as follows:
1) I know I have a pretty run of the mill profile and am looking at some good schools. What are my odds for admission at each school?
2) Beyond strengthening my GMAT (and for that matter taking it), what can I do to strengthen my profile?
3) Are there any glaring holes in my profile? Anything that strikes you as being underwhelming or concerning?

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to your feedback.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Re: Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2009, 19:03
Biggest risk for you (assuming your GMAT is competitive - around 700 or so), is getting lost in the shuffle -- having an adcom read your application and respond with a shrug of the shoulders and "meh".

In other words, it comes down to how well you execute your written applications and interview. If you do a good job on that, you should be competitive for all the schools you listed (i.e. you should get into at least one of them).

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com

Re: Profile Evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 04 Aug 2009, 19:03

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap