GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 03:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation: American / M / GMAT: 750 / WE: Aerospace-Defense

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.96
WE: Account Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Profile Evaluation: American / M / GMAT: 750 / WE: Aerospace-Defense  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 11:53
Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well as decisions come in.

I am a fresh college grad (21 years old) working full-time and decided to sign up for the GMATs a while ago as I wanted to eventually go for my MBA and improve my business acumen. I took the test a week ago and wanted some feedback on where my current credentials put me:

My top five schools are HBS, Columbia, UPenn Wharton, UChicago Booth , and NYU Stern. I am particularly interested in strategy and finance as I would like to take my BSchool experience into consulting or business development after graduating.

I am an American male, 21 years old (1996).

I took the GMAT earlier this month and scored 750: V42, Q49, IR7 and 6 on the AWA

My undergraduate degree came from George Washington University in DC where I was a political science major and business minor. My GPA was 3.96 (Summa Cum Laude) with all A's and A-'s. I was on the Dean's list every semester, named to multiple academic honors - including being the top ranked student in my major -and was the President of the Political Science Honors Society. I also graduated in three years.

While in undergrad, I served more than 400 hours of community service, leading a local food recovery and hunger relief non-profit in DC. I was a University Student Justice and tutor. I also interned at the House of Representatives, Senate, and White House, as well as serving as the contracting lead for a local start up. Not sure if these add anything to my business school profile, but they are on my resume.

As far as work experience, I started work in June for one of the "Big-5" Defense Contractors being part of their "leadership development program" for high-level incoming employees. My job is in contracts - for defense companies a mix of account administration, finance, legal, and general management. Will likely be promoted to next career levels over next two years.

I am new to this whole experience, so please let me know if there are gaps, red flags, or unnecessary information in what I have provided.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

-Cooper
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Evaluation: American / M / GMAT: 750 / WE: Aerospace-Defense  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 19:23
Thanks for sharing your profile Cooper. Fantastic profile at such a young age. Your numbers are really strong and will put you in play at all of your target schools along with great ECs. Now you will need to get some meaningful work experience to crack your target programs. You have a good job now it is time to drive some impact/results and start developing your leadership and teamwork experiences. Unlike others your profile is only missing the work experience so work really hard on that while staying engaged within your community so your ECs don't lag post grad. Keep to this plan and you will be in good shape

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Profile Evaluation: American / M / GMAT: 750 / WE: Aerospace-Defense

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap