It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 11:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Aspire to work in MBB

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Profile Evaluation - Aspire to work in MBB [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 14:05
Hi, apology in advance for the long post.

Kindly evaluate my profile.

Following are the details:

Work Experience:
I am an Indian IT male with 9+ years of experience in IT strategy consulting in an Indian Global Tech giant. I have worked directly with several directors, VPs and CIO of several F500 organisations.I have worked in 6 different counties ( India, US, Canada, UK, Switzerland and Germany) and currently based out of Toronto, Canada.

Gmat Score: 710 ( Q50 and V35)
Education: Bachelor in Technology (Computer Science) from a non IIT/NIT - Score 86%

Career Aspiration: I have been in consulting sector since last 5 years and I love everything about my job. However I want to make the move from IT strategy consulting to management consulting. I have very specific companies in mind. I aspire to work in MBB (McKinsey, BCG or Bain) or companies of similar stature.

Extra Circular :
I am an avid traveller and my job has also provided me opportunity to visit various countries around the globe
I was part of Toastmasters International for 4-5 years (2010 -2015) and participated in few national speech competitions.
I have hosted several corporate and cultural events in my organisation
I have also participated several corporate business quizzes (e.g Tata Crucible, Rotary Club, etc. ) and have been winner on couple of occasions

Start Up Experience:
1. I have founded an not-for-profit organisation in 2015 that provided platform to Scholars in India to publish their technical research paper. This venture got closed in June 2017 during financial constraints
2. Founded a Kulfi (Indian Dessert) factory which has been operating since last 7 years in my home town

I am looking for schools primarily in North America. As of now I have Ross, CBS, INSEAD (France) and IVEY (Canada) in mind.

I am looking forward to suggestion regarding b-schools that suit my profile and will provide me an opportunity to pursue a career in management consulting.
Kindly suggest if 710 won't be competitive and I must retake considering my goals.

Cheers!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - Aspire to work in MBB [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 20:21
Thanks for sharing your profile. You have done a nice job selecting programs that align well with your career goals. You are a fringe candidate at most of the schools listed with some being more of an uphill battle than others. A higher GMAT score would really help you here so if you think you can steal a few more points, consider retaking. You are also coming from a very competitive applicant pool so you will need to find ways to stand out

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - Aspire to work in MBB

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap