GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2019, 20:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation - Chemical Engineer

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: Q163 V157
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Evaluation - Chemical Engineer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 08:18
Hi,

I would really appreciate if someone can evaluate/review my profile. I am planning on applying to Alberta, Fuqua, Rotman, ISB, and Schulich so far.

GMAT - 710
GRE -320 (been 3 years)
TOEFL -109
GPA - 3.5 -4 (I am not very certain about the conversion scales available online but my college %age was 75.4 which is within the top 10% of my undergrad class)
College - Chemical Engineering major. Academics were solid all throughout except for a phase of illness where I could barely walk but took my semester exams to ensure I did not get a re-appear. As a result, I passed out of college with first-class honor. I was the "elected" Department Representative for my batch for a year and was the head convenor for the college fest and other intra-college activities like workshops/seminars.
Work Experience - ~ 6 years as Engineer/Project Manager in Oil and Gas licensing firm. I have extensive experience in dealing with customers/clients from all across the globe and frequently travel for customer interface meeting in the capacity of a Process Engineer during the early phase of my career and now as a Project Manager/Team Lead - leading a team of 3-4 engineers. I have 3 individual awards and two team awards at my current company and have always been the top elbow of the rating system. I have been promoted twice and have also worked as a coach/mentor for new engineers.
Co-Curricular/Community Service - Actively engaged in community service through Rotaract Club for about 3 years and eventually with the CSR initiative of my current employer. Captain of the company football/soccer team.

Vision - I have worked in the Petrochemicals and fuel sector of the energy industry and with the growing concerns on the unabated use of fossil fuels on the environment and the role of energy in dictating the world economies in the coming decades, I want to develop myself in a position where my decisions can help shape a more sustainable future. As a result, I am choosing schools which offer some sort of gateway to this future role.
Attachments

File comment: Resume
CV-Jalaj Sharma.doc [61.5 KiB]
Downloaded 14 times

To download please login or register as a user

Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation - Chemical Engineer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 19:45
You definitely have a great shot at all of these schools (and given your focus on clean energy I'd consider adding Tepper to your list as well). Your GMAT is solid, you've got a unique industry background with what sounds like strong leadership experience, and you have a background that will provide a solid foundation for your post-MBA goals. You're a bit on the older side but I don't think that will present challenges for you given your other strengths.

When it comes to your post-MBA goals the key will be to be specific. You want to name the specific title you want in the ST & LT, 203 target firms, the specifics of what you hope to accomplish/the impact you plan to have in those roles, and WHY this is your passion.

If you need any help thinking through your story or strategy definitely reach out to us! I definitely think you have the makings of a strong app assuming some strong essays. If you email Claudia at claudia@admissionado.com she can set you up with a free consultation with one of our MBA consultants who can take a look at your resume & give you some more detailed thoughts!

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

Profile Evaluation - Chemical Engineer

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado