Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Profile Evaluation: Experience in Digital Marketing [#permalink]
Kudos
I'm a bit of a rookie in terms of MBA admissions so assume there might be a better way, but one thing you could do to try and narrow your search is maybe figure out what you want to do (marketing, strategy, non-profit, etc) and look up rankings for those categories, make a decent sized list from that (based off of gpa/gmat so schools you have a shot at getting in) and then research those schools. Usually when people start researching they fall in love with a program or two and not only will that serve you in your goals it will also work as a nice little inspiration for the admissions process and essays (in a "I have to be there" way).

Besides just what the school is known for it will also be important to consider:

1. Location - SMU may be ranked way lower than a place like Yale/Columbia, but if you were going to live in Dallas your network would be significantly stronger with SMU than those other ones. It's sort of a ripple effect in location, the closer to the school you get the more alumni there are.

2. Industry - So assume you want to do marketing, well what industry? Look at what kinds of companies typically recruit at the schools you're looking at.

3. Culture - Like industry this is easier once you have your list already. This is best done through speaking with alumni/current students and doing a campus visit but you can also get a pretty decent vibe by reading what people say about it (places like this forum have plenty of opinions by current students) and maybe watch some youtube videos to get a feel for the place if you can't find the time/money/effort to make a physical visit.

There are a million little things to consider and plenty of big things, but if you research thoroughly enough you should feel pretty confident with your list and when it's all said and done (assuming you get it down to a couple and visit/talk with alumni/etc.) you will likely have a couple programs you'd love to get into and have a realistic shot of doing so. Like I said I'm fairly new to this stuff though so take everything I say with a grain of salt (as you should anyones opinion but you get what I mean). Best of luck in your research!
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: Experience in Digital Marketing [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi iaratul,

You may try this Chances of B-School tool https://bit.ly/1rRCod5 which will help you to narrow down the list of B-School. After filling all the parameters the tool will estimate all your chances of admission in MBA for the school you choose.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

iaratul wrote:
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi iaratul,

You have an average profile. Your GMAT Score is on lower side. There are couple of B-Schools where you can apply based on your profile and GMAT Score such as - University of Maryland (Smith), University of Illinois (Urbana Champaign) and Purdue University etc.

If you would like to know more about MBA application process you may attend a webinar conducted by a team of expert consultants graduated from top tier B-Schools and admissions team member of ISB on 28th September 2014 at 11 am IST. Visit https://bit.ly/1uLZFP5 for registrations.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Thank you for letting me know. Is there any particular way I can identify relevant B-Schools or do I have to go through all of them to understand the requirements?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation: Experience in Digital Marketing [#permalink]