GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 16:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for B-school

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation for B-school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 21:49
Hello, I would appreciate if I could get answers to the questions regarding my profile below:

Questions:

1- Given my profile, what would be my prospects in the outlined schools?
2- Can Low GMAT be a road blocker?
3- Does multiple GMAT (5 attempts) will leave a bad impression on AdCom?

Nationality:
Indian

GMAT Score: 650 (Quant 49, Verbal 29)

Education:
Undergrad: B. Tech, Chemical Engineering from Nirma University, Ahmedabad India. CGPA- 8.3 (equivalent to 78%)
X- CBSE, 88.4%
XII- CBSE, 88.4%

Professional Experience (~4.5 Years)
I am Working in Hindustan Unilever Limited as Sr. R&D Executive since 2014. Key Highlights:
- International Product Launch
- 1 Promotion in last 4 years
- Technology expert of 5 FMCG products
- Experience of 2 different categories within FMCG Sector i.e. Foods (Coffee, Tea etc.) & Home care (Detergent, surface cleaners etc.)

Extra Curricular
- Awarded Outstanding Young Chemical Engineer, 2014 by Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Author of International Paper publication on Conversion of Waste Plastic to fuel
- Event Manager at National Level Technical Symposium
- Winner at College level Paper Presentation and Technical Quiz competition

Schools: ISB Hyderabad, India and NUS, Singapore
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Profile Evaluation for B-school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 11:45
Hi piyushsinghal,

Thank you for your post. Although application evaluations are "holistic" and the GMAT is only one piece of the puzzle, it is important to consider how your score stacks up for a given program in context of your applicant pool. You have some interesting experience at Unilever, but when you're applying from ~60 points behind the class average (e.g., ISB) without other application-leading differentiators, that really makes for an uphill battle. The average GMAT at NUS Singapore is a bit lower, but it's still quite difficult to break through there when applying from such a crowded and competitive demographic with a below class average GMAT score.

The two paths I see at presents are: (1) Continue to try to break through on the GMAT... you've got a nice Quant score, so what can you do to boost that Verbal? You might consider spending six or nine months intensively training on the language and verbal side (if you're that committed to improving and ultimately boosting your score). I wouldn't worry too much about number of takes because you can always cancel scores that don't show improvement. But after a couple more tries, if that's what you decide on, it might be time to take a breath. Which leads to point number two. (2) If you try and try and still can't boost your score, you should consider recalibrating your school selection to include programs for which your GMAT score and profile align.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Guglielmo
Founder | Avanti Prep
MBA Admissions Consulting

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation for B-school &nbs [#permalink] 16 Oct 2018, 11:45

Profile Evaluation for B-school

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap