GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 01:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2020, 21:01
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 710 [Quant:50 , Verbal:36, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Chemical from Pune University in 2015 with 72%.
12th: 80% Science Stream.
10th: 89%.

Work Experience:
Working as Oil and Gas Consultant in Honeywell Automation India Limited since 4 Years and 11 Months.

Completed various international and domestic Projects as Engineer also lead a team on the projects.

Extra-Curricular:
Active participation in company CSR activities as Volunteer.
Student Secretary of IIChe Pune Chapter
Treasurer of IIChe Pune Chapter
Best Outgoing student of the chemical engineering department for 2012 to 2015

It would be nice if I get an insight on my profile and the areas for improvement and I am planning to apply for 21-22 batch.

Thanks
SVP
SVP
V
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2020, 22:24
SaurbahThakur wrote:
Hey,

GMAT Score: 710 [Quant:50 , Verbal:36, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Graduation: Completed B.E in Chemical from Pune University in 2015 with 72%.
12th: 80% Science Stream.
10th: 89%.

Work Experience:
Working as Oil and Gas Consultant in Honeywell Automation India Limited since 4 Years and 11 Months.

Completed various international and domestic Projects as Engineer also lead a team on the projects.

Extra-Curricular:
Active participation in company CSR activities as Volunteer.
Student Secretary of IIChe Pune Chapter
Treasurer of IIChe Pune Chapter
Best Outgoing student of the chemical engineering department for 2012 to 2015

It would be nice if I get an insight on my profile and the areas for improvement and I am planning to apply for 21-22 batch.

Thanks

Hi Saurabh,

You've got a decent profile. I am missing the details of your work experience- exactly what you do, what are your achievements at work etc. so it will be difficult to give a detailed analysis. That said, you acads look ok. I will assume that your work at Honeywell has been noteworthy and having experience in the oil and gas domain will help in building strong applications.

Again, it would be important to get into the details of what you do in your volunteering endeavors. Do add more details about your profile. You can also share your resume with me at contact@mbadecoder.com

MBA Decoder is a team of consultants from LBS, Stanford, Kellogg and INSEAD. Our applicants have studied at Wharton, Stanford, LBS, Kellogg, Tuck, INSEAD, ISB, to name a few. We specialize in building MBA/MS applications from scratch to finish.

Book a FREE profile evaluation with us OR write to us at: contact@mbadecoder.com
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '21
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 00:04
Hi folks,

Can you please evaluate my profile.

I am applying this year in Round 1.

24-year-old female Indian applicant

GMAT score: 760

Education
07/2018
Bachelor of Technology: Electrical And Electronics Engineering
Banasthali University - Rajasthan
• Graduated with a 4.0 GPA Top 1%.

03/2014
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination: Indian School Certificate
St. Conrad's Inter College - Agra
With an overall score of 88.25% - Top- 2%

05/2012
Higher Secondary Certificate Examination: The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
With an overall score of 87.5% - Top 5%

Professional Experience
HSBC Software Development India Pvt. Ltd July 2018 - to date

Associate Business Analyst, Hyderabad Branch (Channels Department) May 2019 - to date
Countries Supported – Canada, USA, UK, Poland, France
• Support staff front end consultancy and resolve all the queries raised by Region Managers of 44 Countries currently using our staff front end system.
• Analyzed and supported the migration of 500+ applications from the old bank system to the new staff frond-end system within 2 years. More than 50+ applications were migrated as “Zero defect” projects.
• Worked closely with Bank managers and businesses in understanding customer requirements and improvement areas. Designed and developed robust solutions to meet customer requirements for functionality, scalability, and performance.
• Regular interaction with contact center agents to understand the application journeys and find glitches and fix those glitches.
• Transformed old applications from traditional to agile methodologies.
• Nominated as the young talent to participate in EXCo offsite visits. The last EXCo visit was held on Feb 20, where CIOs from 15 countries participated and discussed the “New Ways of Working”. I was the youngest member of the panel and presented LAAC “Learning as a Culture” idea to be implemented in Channels Department.
• Awarded for implementing customer need applications. Because of which HSBC was nominated as HSBC was voted “Bank of the Year for Financial Inclusion” by the industry publication The Banker in November 2019.

Software Engineer – Sales and Distribution Department
Sept 2018 – May 2019
Countries Supported – China, UK
• Mentored and led a team of 3 engineers to develop payment functionality and migrate it to a new cloud system.
• Worked with China IT team to migrate Insurance project to 17 other countries. And later on, took the code from China and became the product owner supporting the application and incidents raised by Region Managers.

Software Engineer Trainee – Sales and Distribution Department July 2018 - Sept 2018
Countries Supported – China
Implemented a confluence page and an online directory with all the resources which are required by new joiners and women returning to the office after maternity leave, to brief them about the ongoing projects, latest technologies, and standards followed in HSBC.
Worked with the China team to implement standard life cover insurance products for the UK branch.

Achievements
• Received the HSBC ‘Star Performer’ Award, ‘Pat on the Back’ Award.
• Accredited by the Bharat Electronics Limited for presenting a paper on "Hand Gesture Recognition with an egocentric viewpoint of Sign Language using Animatronics hand” - a prototype system that helps to recognize hand gesture to communicate effectively with the special people.
• Professionally trained in drawing, painting, and sketching by Lalit Kala Association, India.
• Won 16 awards in intercollege fests. Worked as a core member of the “Corona-Science Club” with the student council for organizing technical events, seminars, and annual fests.
• Have won 54 awards for music, debating, drawing, collage making, and calligraphy in school.
• Represented India in the 8th SAARC Youth festival competition held in Kolkata and won 1st prize in drawing competition.
• 1st Prize winner in Dramatics, Collage Making, -CELESTA, an international fest (including countries like 
Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) organized by CMS, Lucknow (1 out of 1500+ students) 2012.
• Runner up in ‘Legal Enigma- Moot Court’ organized by Mayukh (4 out of 78 students) 2017.
• active member of an NGO-‘Sankalp’ working on improving the education system followed in govt schools.
• Member of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell-NAV JYOTI’ at Banasthali University.

short-term goal: To take up a Management Consulting role with a leading management consulting firm.

Long-term goal: To grow with the firm and eventually partner with the consulting firm.

Vision: To add value to a range of firms by providing effective consulting solutions, adding value to the company, stakeholders, and end-users.

Additional Information
• Discipline Captain, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014)- Spearheaded the 64 volunteers to implement the rules and maintain decorum in the school.
• English Club President, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014 )- Fulfilled the responsibilities associated with the club’s chief executive officer role. Helped the members to establish a climate of enthusiasm, openness, and concern.
• Amateur basketball player and obsessive Wikipedia reader.
• Working paper on “Hiring differently-abled makes business sense” with Garvishtha Arya, student of - Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, Canada.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Finance
Schools: ISB'21
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35 (Online)
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 00:11
Hi, posting my profile again based on prior feedback to provide more details and with an updated gmat score.

GMAT 1: 680 [Q47, V36]
GMAT 2: 710 [Q50, V35]

Graduation: BE in Computer Science from Chitkara University 2013-2017 with 7.15 CGPA.
H.S.C: secured 87% from Science stream from CBSE in 2013.
S.S.C: secured 9.2 CGPA from CBSE in 2011.

Work Experience:
Completing 3 years with IT MNC in November 2020.
Joined as software analyst/engineer, received two promotions till now
current position: Associate Consultant
My everyday job is to collaborate with our ecommerce client's marketing team in the US and code the jpeg design that we get from them for the day-to-day updates to their website and email marketing campaigns.

Extra Curricular:
Worked as part of the marketing team during college fests.
Active participation in quiz competitions and sports events in College.
Blogging- My match previews/analysis and other articles have been published on a sports website Ranked 100-150 in India by Alexa, With a monthly average readership of over 30 million.

Goals: My whole purpose of pursuing an MBA is to switch to finance and work in financial markets.
Long term career goal: Financial Analyst -> Hedge Fund Manager or any similar role as long as its in financial markets it works for me.

Extra info- Planning to take up financial certifications from udemy and national stock exchange to add to my resume before applying in R1
Not interested in any other MBA field.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 00:27
Kindly review my profile and provide your valuable suggestions -

Profile Summary - 30 year old Indian working as an Senior Consultant in Big Four; GMAT: 710. As my GMATPrep scores were higher than than my actual GMAT score, planning to retake the exam in the next 15-20 days.

Education (Provided Chronologically)
1.) 10th Standard - 93% CBSE (Gold Medalist)
2.) 12h Standard - 84% CBSE
3.) B.Tech. from an Punjab University with 81.80% - Mechanical Engineering (Gold medalist)
4.) PG Diploma in Finance - IMT Ghaziabad with 8.37 CGPA

Work-Ex
1.) Post B.Tech. worked with a manufacturing firm as Deputy Manager maintenance for 1 year
2.) Have been working with one of the Big fours for the last 4.5 years post PGDM, as Senior Consultant
-As a SC in consulting firm, have been assisting clients in Valuations and Mergers & Acquisitions. Handling a team of 15 consultants.
-Have worked on a couple of international projects with good international exposure (have worked directly with client for valuation concerning the biggest oil and gas IPO)

Positions of responsibility -
1.) Have been leading Telecom & Media industry Valuations for the valuation team in India
2.) Have been leading the operational arm for development of tool that differentiates the firm as a valuation leader in market; helps identify valuation business opportunities in challenging times like these (Covid-19)
3.) Was the class representative during B.tech

Post-MBA Goals
I am strong believer in growing by learning. Post MBA, I want to join a top management consulting firm such as McKinsey, BCG or Bain to learn and make impact on diverse portfolio of client engagements. In the long-run, I will work my way up to become a Partner, while building knowledge and relationships that transcend borders/companies and ultimately help grow the firm, future generations and me.

Why 2nd MBA?
Although, doing an MBA from top tier institute institute helped get me where i am today, my experience in the consulting world has helped me realize that to grow your brand equity, one must be connected to global educational brands. In addition, i believe that my second MBA stint would provide me opportunities to connect and work with a mature and diverse peer group, which will equip me with skills that would make me a better people's leader.

Extra-Curricular -
1.) Believe in "Health is Wealth" Mantra. An avid runner and sports enthusiast. I play Lawn tennis, Badminton and Squash almost daily.
2.) A huge huge Formula 1 fan (Ferrari of-course! :))
3.) A decent Sketch artist.
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Kelley '14 (A$)
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Jul 2020, 02:24
Zaw2511 wrote:
Hi folks,

Education
07/2018

03/2014

05/2012
Higher Secondary Certificate Examination: The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education

Professional Experience

Associate Business Analyst, Hyderabad Branch (Channels Department) May 2019 - to date
• Support staff front end consultancy and resolve all the queries raised by Region Managers of 44 Countries currently using our staff front end system.
• Analyzed and supported the migration of 500+ applications from the old bank system to the new staff frond-end system within 2 years. More than 50+ applications were migrated as “Zero defect” projects.
• Worked closely with Bank managers and businesses in understanding customer requirements and improvement areas. Designed and developed robust solutions to meet customer requirements for functionality, scalability, and performance.
• Regular interaction with contact center agents to understand the application journeys and find glitches and fix those glitches.
• Nominated as the young talent to participate in EXCo offsite visits. The last EXCo visit was held on Feb 20, where CIOs from 15 countries participated and discussed the “New Ways of Working”. I was the youngest member of the panel and presented LAAC “Learning as a Culture” idea to be implemented in Channels Department.
• Awarded for implementing customer need applications. Because of which HSBC was nominated as HSBC was voted “Bank of the Year for Financial Inclusion” by the industry publication The Banker in November 2019.

Sept 2018 – May 2019
• Mentored and led a team of 3 engineers to develop payment functionality and migrate it to a new cloud system.
• Worked with China IT team to migrate Insurance project to 17 other countries. And later on, took the code from China and became the product owner supporting the application and incidents raised by Region Managers.

Software Engineer Trainee – Sales and Distribution Department July 2018 - Sept 2018
Implemented a confluence page and an online directory with all the resources which are required by new joiners and women returning to the office after maternity leave, to brief them about the ongoing projects, latest technologies, and standards followed in HSBC.
Worked with the China team to implement standard life cover insurance products for the UK branch.

Achievements
• Accredited by the Bharat Electronics Limited for presenting a paper on "Hand Gesture Recognition with an egocentric viewpoint of Sign Language using Animatronics hand” - a prototype system that helps to recognize hand gesture to communicate effectively with the special people.
• Professionally trained in drawing, painting, and sketching by Lalit Kala Association, India.
• Won 16 awards in intercollege fests. Worked as a core member of the “Corona-Science Club” with the student council for organizing technical events, seminars, and annual fests.
• Have won 54 awards for music, debating, drawing, collage making, and calligraphy in school.
• Represented India in the 8th SAARC Youth festival competition held in Kolkata and won 1st prize in drawing competition.
• 1st Prize winner in Dramatics, Collage Making, -CELESTA, an international fest (including countries like 
Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) organized by CMS, Lucknow (1 out of 1500+ students) 2012.
• Runner up in ‘Legal Enigma- Moot Court’ organized by Mayukh (4 out of 78 students) 2017.
• active member of an NGO-‘Sankalp’ working on improving the education system followed in govt schools.
• Member of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell-NAV JYOTI’ at Banasthali University.

short-term goal: To take up a Management Consulting role with a leading management consulting firm.

Long-term goal: To grow with the firm and eventually partner with the consulting firm.

Vision: To add value to a range of firms by providing effective consulting solutions, adding value to the company, stakeholders, and end-users.

Additional Information
• Discipline Captain, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014)- Spearheaded the 64 volunteers to implement the rules and maintain decorum in the school.
• English Club President, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014 )- Fulfilled the responsibilities associated with the club’s chief executive officer role. Helped the members to establish a climate of enthusiasm, openness, and concern.
• Working paper on “Hiring differently-abled makes business sense” with Garvishtha Arya, student of - Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, Canada.

Hello Zaw2511,
You have a lot of good things going for you, especially your GMAT score and other accomplishments. Also, think of highlighting your contribution to the community through Sankalp.
An important thing you should keep in mind is to highlight your achievements in your professional space, than giving your job description. Talk about the examples wherein you created impact and demonstrated leadership and do not forget to quantify them. Your role as an IT professional puts you in an over-represented pool, but you can talk about your achievements and impact to mitigate it.
Also, you can talk about your motivation for your ST goals, and, if possible, give more details. For example, is there any particular industry you would like to work in, etc. In all, you have a competitive profile if you position it correctly.
Hope this helps.

https://ruchipandeconsulting.com/

For more information, write to: info@ruchipandeconsulting.com
For detailed profile evaluation: https://ruchipandeconsulting.com/contact-us/

Originally posted by RUCHIPCONSULTING on 16 Jul 2020, 02:07.
Last edited by RUCHIPCONSULTING on 16 Jul 2020, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 02:21
RUCHIPCONSULTING wrote:
Zaw2511 wrote:
Hi folks,

Education
07/2018

03/2014

05/2012

Professional Experience

Sept 2018 – May 2019

Achievements

Additional Information

Hello Zaw2511,
You have a lot of good things going for you, especially your GMAT score and other accomplishments. Also, think of highlighting your contribution to the community through Sankalp.
An important thing you should keep in mind is to highlight your achievements in your professional space, than giving your job description. Talk about the examples you created impact and demonstrated leadership and do not forgive to quantify them. Your role as an IT professional puts you in an over-represented pool, but you can talk about your achievements and impact to mitigate it.
Also, you can talk about your motivation for your ST goals, and, if possible, give more details. For example, is there any particular industry you would like to work in, etc. In all, you have a competitive profile if you position it correctly.
Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 02:29
nitis330120 wrote:

Profile Summary - 30 year old Indian working as an Senior Consultant in Big Four; GMAT: 710. As my GMATPrep scores were higher than than my actual GMAT score, planning to retake the exam in the next 15-20 days.

Education (Provided Chronologically)
1.) 10th Standard - 93% CBSE (Gold Medalist)
2.) 12h Standard - 84% CBSE
3.) B.Tech. from an Punjab University with 81.80% - Mechanical Engineering (Gold medalist)
4.) PG Diploma in Finance - IMT Ghaziabad with 8.37 CGPA

Work-Ex
1.) Post B.Tech. worked with a manufacturing firm as Deputy Manager maintenance for 1 year
2.) Have been working with one of the Big fours for the last 4.5 years post PGDM, as Senior Consultant
-As a SC in consulting firm, have been assisting clients in Valuations and Mergers & Acquisitions. Handling a team of 15 consultants.
-Have worked on a couple of international projects with good international exposure (have worked directly with client for valuation concerning the biggest oil and gas IPO)

Positions of responsibility -
1.) Have been leading Telecom & Media industry Valuations for the valuation team in India
2.) Have been leading the operational arm for development of tool that differentiates the firm as a valuation leader in market; helps identify valuation business opportunities in challenging times like these (Covid-19)
3.) Was the class representative during B.tech

Post-MBA Goals
I am strong believer in growing by learning. Post MBA, I want to join a top management consulting firm such as McKinsey, BCG or Bain to learn and make impact on diverse portfolio of client engagements. In the long-run, I will work my way up to become a Partner, while building knowledge and relationships that transcend borders/companies and ultimately help grow the firm, future generations and me.

Why 2nd MBA?
Although, doing an MBA from top tier institute institute helped get me where i am today, my experience in the consulting world has helped me realize that to grow your brand equity, one must be connected to global educational brands. In addition, i believe that my second MBA stint would provide me opportunities to connect and work with a mature and diverse peer group, which will equip me with skills that would make me a better people's leader.

Extra-Curricular -
1.) Believe in "Health is Wealth" Mantra. An avid runner and sports enthusiast. I play Lawn tennis, Badminton and Squash almost daily.

Hello nitis330120,
You have a decent profile. Just two things: 1) be prepared to answer questions around why second MBA
2) You may want to talk about EC wherein you contributed to the community. A good profile should exhibit positive impact beyond self-development.
Hope this helps.

Manager
Manager
G
Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 02:34
piyushh19 wrote:
Hi, posting my profile again based on prior feedback to provide more details and with an updated gmat score.

GMAT 1: 680 [Q47, V36]
GMAT 2: 710 [Q50, V35]

Graduation: BE in Computer Science from Chitkara University 2013-2017 with 7.15 CGPA.
H.S.C: secured 87% from Science stream from CBSE in 2013.
S.S.C: secured 9.2 CGPA from CBSE in 2011.

Work Experience:
Completing 3 years with IT MNC in November 2020.
Joined as software analyst/engineer, received two promotions till now
current position: Associate Consultant
My everyday job is to collaborate with our ecommerce client's marketing team in the US and code the jpeg design that we get from them for the day-to-day updates to their website and email marketing campaigns.

Extra Curricular:
Worked as part of the marketing team during college fests.
Active participation in quiz competitions and sports events in College.
Blogging- My match previews/analysis and other articles have been published on a sports website Ranked 100-150 in India by Alexa, With a monthly average readership of over 30 million.

Goals: My whole purpose of pursuing an MBA is to switch to finance and work in financial markets.
Long term career goal: Financial Analyst -> Hedge Fund Manager or any similar role as long as its in financial markets it works for me.

Extra info- Planning to take up financial certifications from udemy and national stock exchange to add to my resume before applying in R1
Not interested in any other MBA field.

Thanks

Hi piyushh19,

There aren't many sparks in your profile and you'd have very strong competition from the largely-represented IT pool. Your goal to transition into financial services doesn't link with any of your past experiences. Hence, there isn't enough evidence to demonstrate your passion for the sector. While the switch is possible post MBA, you should spend more time in understanding the sector and maybe take-up a role in one of the FS firms / or FS vertical within the MNC you're working at. Otherwise, it'll be difficult to stitch your goals for the application and more importantly during placements. While ISB will provide great exposure to the sector through ELPs, courses, projects, etc. you should do some groundwork before taking the leap.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Manan

End-to-end admissions mentoring services to help you get into your dream MBA program

Reach out for a free essay review and profile evaluation
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 03:02
nitis330120 wrote:

Post-MBA Goals

Why 2nd MBA?

Extra-Curricular -

Hi nitis330120,

You have an impressive profile. The work experience spans across core consulting and consulting support and you'd have a fair idea of how the entire end-to-end engagement works. Hence, you'd have an advantage against the folks who're starting afresh / moving to consulting. Apart from the projects, the experience to develop the valuation tool also stands out.
The key question to cover would be the need for a 2nd MBA, especially when you're already within a type of role where a few ISB grads start with. The reasons you outline cover it to some extent but you'd need to put more thought in explaining in the 2nd essay.
For the level and type of experience, your GMAT is good enough. However, if you still feel the need to re-take, it shouldn't come at the cost of diverting your attention from the application. You should focus more there.

Your hobbies section is good and you should link it to the experience of the class. For e.g. we had formed an Automotive Special Interest Group at ISB through a group of F1 enthusiasts back in 2013.

All the best!

Cheers,
Manan
PS: +1 for Ferrari :)

End-to-end admissions mentoring services to help you get into your dream MBA program

Reach out for a free essay review and profile evaluation
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 03:37
nitis330120 wrote:
Why 2nd MBA?

Hi nitis330120, in which year did you do your first MBA?

p.s. Re-attempting GMAT is a good idea, since you were scoring high in mocks.

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 03:41
piyushh19 wrote:

Hi piyushh19, this is going to be a tough cookie to crack brother, since your academic qualifications and professional experiences do not suggest anything even remotely connected to Finance.

Your goals do need some brainstorming.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 03:51
Zaw2511 wrote:

Hi Zaw2511, the term management consulting is very broad based and might be perceived as lack of sufficient depth/thought to career goals. Also, based upon your work as a software programmer so far, how do you plan to justify this career transition?

p.s. Congratulations on your brilliant 760 on GMAT! This will definitely help you in loads.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 04:59
Hi please review my profile for ISB MBA program:

Back ground: Indian, Male, 29
Education: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from JNTU-K university , Andhra Pradesh
Bachelors: 69%
12th: 92%
10th: 90%

Expected GMAT Score: 650 - 680

Domain: R&D Dept - Automotive Sector
Experience: 8 Years
No. of companies : 2 (including the current one)

Job description:

Working in Mercedes-Benz R&D India as Senior Design Engineer

Job Profile : Design components for high performance division (sports cars)
Working on next generation technologies for electric sports cars

Professional Achievements:
1. Best employee (Quarterly based awards)
2. Co-Author for a Patent
3. Youngest employee to represent my (previous) company auto Expo (International Exhibition)

Extracurricular:
1. Participated in international workshop organised by IIM-B
2. Won some competitions during college in singing
3. Worked as Automotive Journalist (passion based work - no pay - no certificate)

Hobbies :
1. Long distance touring on motorbikes
2. Test riding of cars and bikes

International Exposure:
Professional: I have international exposure, in terms of deputation. I have worked with various clients across the globe.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 05:27
nishg13 wrote:
Hi please review my profile for ISB MBA program:

Back ground: Indian, Male, 29
Education: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from JNTU-K university , Andhra Pradesh
Bachelors: 69%
12th: 92%
10th: 90%

Expected GMAT Score: 650 - 680

Domain: R&D Dept - Automotive Sector
Experience: 8 Years
No. of companies : 2 (including the current one)

Job description:

Working in Mercedes-Benz R&D India as Senior Design Engineer

Job Profile : Design components for high performance division (sports cars)
Working on next generation technologies for electric sports cars

Professional Achievements:
1. Best employee (Quarterly based awards)
2. Co-Author for a Patent
3. Youngest employee to represent my (previous) company auto Expo (International Exhibition)

Extracurricular:
1. Participated in international workshop organised by IIM-B
2. Won some competitions during college in singing
3. Worked as Automotive Journalist (passion based work - no pay - no certificate)

Hobbies :
1. Long distance touring on motorbikes
2. Test riding of cars and bikes

International Exposure:
Professional: I have international exposure, in terms of deputation. I have worked with various clients across the globe.

Hello nishg33,
You will have to target a higher GMAT score than what you currently expect for a better chance at ISB. Your profile will help you distinguish, but you will have to talk about the impact you created and demonstrated leadership potential at work.
Most of your hobbies and EC are closely related to what you do. As an automotive journalist, you may not have a certificate, but will definitely have articles published in your name. Also, think of EC, wherein you helped contribute to the community.
I get no sense of your post-MBA goals from your profile, which makes it difficult for me to comment any further.

Intern
Intern
B
WE: Operations (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 05:39
Hey,

GMAT Score: 710

Graduation: Completed B.Tech from NIT jamshedpur-2013 - 82.90%
H.S.C: secured 80.00% CBSE Board
S.S.C: secured 91.80% CBSE Board

Work Experience:
1.Currently working as Audit Officer(Defence Audit,Air Force),Comptroller and Auditor General Of India(C&AG) for past 1 year.Leading a team of 20 persons . It involves audit of various GOI capital and revenue procurements.
2.Worked in bank as credit officer for 1.5 year
3.Worked in IT Industry (R&D) for 4.5 years

Extra Curricular:
1.Member of "Sankalp" an initiative for teaching poor children
2.Vice Captain College Cricket Team
3.Lead Coordinator for training of newly recruited officers in Defence Audit Department.
4.Head of Computer Science Organizing Committee in college for all technical related events.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Profile evaluation for ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 05:42
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB for intake of 2021:

Work ex: 6.5 years.

GMAT Score: 710 [Quant:49 , Verbal:39, I.R.:7]

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Thapar University in 2014 with 6.93 GPA.
H.S.C: secured 75% from Science stream from CBSE in 2010.
S.S.C: secured 82.5% from ICSE Board in 2008.

Work Experience:
Working as a Senior software developer at a major MNC since 2019. Role involves software development as well as track lead responsibilities.
September 2016- April 2019: Worked as co-founder and tech lead at a startup in Gurgaon
July 2014- Sept -2016: Worked as Associate Technology at a major MNC.

Extra Curricular:
Was a founding member of Greentech society in college. The role of Greentech was to provide innovative tech solutions to different problems faced by nearby villages. Presented seminars in multiple villages for spreading awareness regarding safe use of water.
At my current company, have been part of multiple hackathon events and other group activities.

Thanks for your help.
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '21 (D)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Jul 2020, 07:18
Profile:

GMAT score: Not yet attempted, targeting around 710 (would like suggestions on this if you can share more info about a suitable score for my profile)
X percentage: 93.1 (CBSE)
XII percentage: 94.2 (CBSE)
Graduation: Completed B.E in Manufacturing from BITS Pilani,Pilani in 2018 with 9.01 cgpa along with a minor in Finace.

Work Experience:
Working as a Business Analyst at Flipkart for 24 months now.
(6 month intern at FK > PPO as Associate Bussiness analyst > Fast track promotion in 1 year to Business Analyst)

3month intern - Axis bank mumbai, business intelligence unit, was offered ppo.

3 month software dev intern during undergrad at a startup in mumbai.

Extra Curricular:
Have lead a training charter at flipkart for internal Learning and development (trained an incoming batch of about 40 people)
Have pitched in campus hiring program of flipkart at my college.
few awards at Flipkart related to best projects.
Have volunteered at a covid related hiring startup for a month few weeks ago
and a few others from college related to the technical department of cultural fests organized by college.

Post MBA : want to transition into Product management , have worked closely with PMs as my time as an analyst and it really excites me to work towards building products

Edit : Applied for EEO last year with GRE 319 and didn't make it to ISB Interviews.

Originally posted by deveshgombar on 16 Jul 2020, 06:02.
Last edited by deveshgombar on 16 Jul 2020, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Profile evaluation for ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 06:02
mikaku wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB for intake of 2021:

Work ex: 6.5 years.

GMAT Score: 710 [Quant:49 , Verbal:39, I.R.:7]

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Thapar University in 2014 with 6.93 GPA.
H.S.C: secured 75% from Science stream from CBSE in 2010.
S.S.C: secured 82.5% from ICSE Board in 2008.

Work Experience:
Working as a Senior software developer at a major MNC since 2019. Role involves software development as well as track lead responsibilities.
September 2016- April 2019: Worked as co-founder and tech lead at a startup in Gurgaon
July 2014- Sept -2016: Worked as Associate Technology at a major MNC.

Extra Curricular:
Was a founding member of Greentech society in college. The role of Greentech was to provide innovative tech solutions to different problems faced by nearby villages. Presented seminars in multiple villages for spreading awareness regarding safe use of water.
At my current company, have been part of multiple hackathon events and other group activities.

Thanks for your help.

Hello mikaku,
You may want to improve your GMAT score to compensate for your below average academic grade in undergrad.
It is interesting and also adds to your leadership profile that you founded a firm and operated it for three years. You may want to talk about these experiences in your essays.
Talk about more recent EC in your application.
I do not have a sense of your post-MBA goals, so would not be able to comment any further.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2020, 06:07
chimpu303 wrote:
Hey,

GMAT Score: 710

Graduation: Completed B.Tech from NIT jamshedpur-2013 - 82.90%
H.S.C: secured 80.00% CBSE Board
S.S.C: secured 91.80% CBSE Board

Work Experience:
1.Currently working as Audit Officer(Defence Audit,Air Force),Comptroller and Auditor General Of India(C&AG) for past 1 year.Leading a team of 20 persons . It involves audit of various GOI capital and revenue procurements.
2.Worked in bank as credit officer for 1.5 year
3.Worked in IT Industry (R&D) for 4.5 years

Extra Curricular:
1.Member of "Sankalp" an initiative for teaching poor children
2.Vice Captain College Cricket Team
3.Lead Coordinator for training of newly recruited officers in Defence Audit Department.
4.Head of Computer Science Organizing Committee in college for all technical related events.

Hello chimpu303,
Your GMAT score compares with the average GMAT score for ISB. I do not get any sense of your post-MBA goals from your profile. What jumps out to me is that you have moved industry from IT. Again, I won’t be able to comment further without an understanding of your post-MBA goals and an understanding of your accomplishments at work.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 16 Jul 2020, 06:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  183   184   185   186   187  ...  191    Next  [ 3812 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, elPatron434