GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 21:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation for ISB EEO program

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile evaluation for ISB EEO program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 19:12
hello all
I am a 4rth year BTech student, MALE. I would really appreciate if you could evaluate my profile For ISB early entry option(EEO) and answer my follow up questions.

-------------Acads-------------
10th:- 82% CBSE
12th:- 89% CBSE (Computer Science School Topper 99%)
Btech(Computer Science) :- 73% USIT college(Private) -- University:-GGSIPU-- (Tier 2 college i think)
GMAT:-720

----------Work Experience--------
1) Done an internship in a Very Well reputed government organization (confidential). Here I Lead a team of 10 members to build one of their main project which is live now.
The project was their Website and android app.
2) Done another internship in DRDO, Nagpur. Here again, lead a team of 4 members to completion of a project.
The project was the software which was later put to use by civil engineers

-----------Extra Cocurricular/ Achievement-----------
1) Won Internship through a hackathon which was organized at national level. there were 1200 teams out of which my who won.
2) Got into top 10 positions in another national level hackathon out of 130 teams.
3) I am a four-star coder at Codechef.
4) Secured 1st rank out of 30 participants in hackathon contest in college.
5) Was a headhunter(Recruiter) for a club in my college.
6) Organised people in Various college events like fests and sports events.

-----------Goal-----------
Sub Goal 1:- To get into product management line in reputed Company
Sub Goal 2:- After Working for few years in Product management line build my own product or service company.

-----To do for next one year---
1) Join Toast Master Club
2) Joining an IT product Company

-------My questions-------
assuming I wrote an average level essay and have an average level recommendations
1) Is my profile on the strong side (please rate out of 10)?
2) What should I add to my todo list, to make my profile irresistible for Adcomm?
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Profile evaluation for SBI EEO program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 11:20
streetcode,

You should aim to write stellar essays and have stellar recommendations. The admission process is competitive and there are plenty of candidates where "average" in either of those sections might decrease your chances. Remember that MBA adcomms look at both IQ and EQ when considering candidates, and sometimes EQ outweighs IQ.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Intern
Intern
Re: Profile evaluation for ISB EEO program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2018, 05:07
Hello!

I am considering applying to ISB via the Early Entry Option this year and would be grateful if you could spare some time to evaluate my profile and offer some feedback.

The basics:
Indian female, non-IT (I am a graphic designer), 23 years old

Education:
10th ICSE- 91.25% from one of Bangalore's reputed schools
12th (ISC Arts)- 96.25% from the same school, school topper
Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication and Strategic Branding from Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology CGPA- 8.42/10

GRE: 312 in first attempt (Q 150- 38% and V 162- 87%)
I haven't studied Math in 7 years now, hence the poor Quant score.
Currently enrolled in GRE Coaching and working towards a better score.

Work Experience and Industry Exposure:
2 college internships at communications/creative agencies. Both in Mumbai. Worked on Dabur, Viber Film Festival, Mahindra Auto, Loreal at the first.
Second internship I was hired to work exclusively on the HUL account for their fashion and lifestyle products. If I remember correctly, this account was the largest retainer in the industry at the time.

Have freelanced consistently right from the first year of college, working for small/medium sized companies designing for social media, branding and marketing communications. Clients have been from a range of industries- a legal firm, content writers, home automation services, Japanese product design magazine, etc.

Presently have 11 months of work ex under my belt working in design and brand management at a small/medium sized executive education services company. Secured a promotion within 9 months of being here. Was promoted to leading Communications for the Data Science domain. Have led small teams, and worked across functions right from the start. Have successfully organized 2 events for 200+ people each. Tried my hand at Sales and realized I was decent at it. Have regularly interviewed senior managers, technical managers at Fortune 500s and interacted with leading CxOs while on the job. Worked with the press and media and basic PR exercises.

Leadership:
- Was Research, Marketing and Communications Student Head for a leading college project that received prominent media and press coverage
- History of leadership in School: School Cultural Secretary (12th grade), House Vice Captain, Sr. Prefect, Jr. Prefect
- Girl Guides (in School): Company Leader, and Asst. Company Leader and Patrol Leader before that

Extra Curriculars:
- Presently digital volunteer for CRY (Communications Design)
- Passionate about working with children: Recently co-conducted a civic awareness walk for 15 international school students, volunteered as teaching assistant at Spastic Society of Karnataka for one month last year
- Consistently been a part of the college's PR, Marketing and Logistics teams for a range of key annual events
- Pro Bono Design Projects in the past for NGOs and non profits (right through college): AIESEC, Nehru Bal Sangh, Storybook Me (encouraging reading among children in rural India), Project Pragati (transgender community emancipation)
- Well travelled, having visited a number of countries and leading cities
- Fitness and Yoga enthusiast
- Caricatures and Cartooning
- Fine Arts (charcoal portraits and watercolour nature studies) and Tanjore Painting
- Girl Guides (active member and leader for 6 years, from grade 7 to 12 in school)
- Member of the School Editorial Committee, House Council, House Props Committee (Head)

Achievements:
- School topper (ISC Arts)- secured 10 academic awards including special annual awards sponsored by alumni.
- Rashtrapati Girl Guide- National Award, the highest level of girl guiding attainable in the country and awarded by the President of India
- Participated in State Level Girl Guiding events, led the troupe in their march past at the Annual Republic Day Celebrations and received the salute from the then Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Recipient the School's first ever Best Girl Guide Award
- Co-organized the School's first MUN
- Organized several large scale School events

Strengths- Excellent command over English and very strong oral and written communication skills.

Post MBA- Brand Management, ideally FMCG. Ultimately want to hold a senior Marketing position
Admission Consultant
P
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: Profile evaluation for ISB EEO program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2018, 11:34
S995 wrote:
Hello!

I am considering applying to ISB via the Early Entry Option this year and would be grateful if you could spare some time to evaluate my profile and offer some feedback.

The basics:
Indian female, non-IT (I am a graphic designer), 23 years old

Education:
10th ICSE- 91.25% from one of Bangalore's reputed schools
12th (ISC Arts)- 96.25% from the same school, school topper
Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication and Strategic Branding from Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology CGPA- 8.42/10

GRE: 312 in first attempt (Q 150- 38% and V 162- 87%)
I haven't studied Math in 7 years now, hence the poor Quant score.
Currently enrolled in GRE Coaching and working towards a better score.

Work Experience and Industry Exposure:
2 college internships at communications/creative agencies. Both in Mumbai. Worked on Dabur, Viber Film Festival, Mahindra Auto, Loreal at the first.
Second internship I was hired to work exclusively on the HUL account for their fashion and lifestyle products. If I remember correctly, this account was the largest retainer in the industry at the time.

Have freelanced consistently right from the first year of college, working for small/medium sized companies designing for social media, branding and marketing communications. Clients have been from a range of industries- a legal firm, content writers, home automation services, Japanese product design magazine, etc.

Presently have 11 months of work ex under my belt working in design and brand management at a small/medium sized executive education services company. Secured a promotion within 9 months of being here. Was promoted to leading Communications for the Data Science domain. Have led small teams, and worked across functions right from the start. Have successfully organized 2 events for 200+ people each. Tried my hand at Sales and realized I was decent at it. Have regularly interviewed senior managers, technical managers at Fortune 500s and interacted with leading CxOs while on the job. Worked with the press and media and basic PR exercises.

Leadership:
- Was Research, Marketing and Communications Student Head for a leading college project that received prominent media and press coverage
- History of leadership in School: School Cultural Secretary (12th grade), House Vice Captain, Sr. Prefect, Jr. Prefect
- Girl Guides (in School): Company Leader, and Asst. Company Leader and Patrol Leader before that

Extra Curriculars:
- Presently digital volunteer for CRY (Communications Design)
- Passionate about working with children: Recently co-conducted a civic awareness walk for 15 international school students, volunteered as teaching assistant at Spastic Society of Karnataka for one month last year
- Consistently been a part of the college's PR, Marketing and Logistics teams for a range of key annual events
- Pro Bono Design Projects in the past for NGOs and non profits (right through college): AIESEC, Nehru Bal Sangh, Storybook Me (encouraging reading among children in rural India), Project Pragati (transgender community emancipation)
- Well travelled, having visited a number of countries and leading cities
- Fitness and Yoga enthusiast
- Caricatures and Cartooning
- Fine Arts (charcoal portraits and watercolour nature studies) and Tanjore Painting
- Girl Guides (active member and leader for 6 years, from grade 7 to 12 in school)
- Member of the School Editorial Committee, House Council, House Props Committee (Head)

Achievements:
- School topper (ISC Arts)- secured 10 academic awards including special annual awards sponsored by alumni.
- Rashtrapati Girl Guide- National Award, the highest level of girl guiding attainable in the country and awarded by the President of India
- Participated in State Level Girl Guiding events, led the troupe in their march past at the Annual Republic Day Celebrations and received the salute from the then Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Recipient the School's first ever Best Girl Guide Award
- Co-organized the School's first MUN
- Organized several large scale School events

Strengths- Excellent command over English and very strong oral and written communication skills.

Post MBA- Brand Management, ideally FMCG. Ultimately want to hold a senior Marketing position

Thank you for the post and the updated information. I think the EEO is a great option for you. The extra-curricular involvement is strong, so our job will be to reduce it to the most meaningful leadership roles so that we can tell a story. Sometimes less is more here.

Congratulations on the promotion in under a year! I would love to learn more about the company. Would you be able to send your resume? scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Re: Profile evaluation for ISB EEO program &nbs [#permalink] 07 Jun 2018, 11:34

Profile evaluation for ISB EEO program

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap