It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 21:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation - Indian/690/Female

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Profile evaluation - Indian/690/Female [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2015, 12:35
I am a final year undergraduate student at a reputed University in India, looking to apply to Masters of Management and Masters of Finance programs directed towards undergrads. High on my priority list is the Duke MMS, MIT MSMS.
I was hoping to score an above 700 on my GMAT, but unfortunately ended up with a 690 (Q49, V34).
I have pretty decent academic scores - i have almost a 90 % (89.9 to be exact) as a semester aggregate score at college up till now.
Other than that, I've passed two actuarial science papers from Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, United Kingdom. I'm also a classical Indian dancer, and have performed and won at several national and state platforms. I've been involved in many literary activities in college, as well.

I have two internships - but both are non-corporate. One was a research intern at UCLA, and the other at a prestigious business school in India.

Just looking at my chances? Do I need to retake the GMAT? Or should I just work on strengthening my essays and other components of the application?

Last edited by hoodprincess on 30 Aug 2015, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation - Indian/690/Female [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2015, 09:00
Thanks for sharing your profile. Average GMATs tend to be bit lower for these types of programs but the score is still important. You are coming from a competitive applicant pool but as a female applicant you a bit more diverse than the average applicant pool and your 690 does fall comfortably in most of the programs 80% range. I would focus on strengthening your essays and other components of the application at this point. These aspects will be critical to your admissions so make sure they get the attention they deserve.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2015, 10:07
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Thanks for sharing your profile. Average GMATs tend to be bit lower for these types of programs but the score is still important. You are coming from a competitive applicant pool but as a female applicant you a bit more diverse than the average applicant pool and your 690 does fall comfortably in most of the programs 80% range. I would focus on strengthening your essays and other components of the application at this point. These aspects will be critical to your admissions so make sure they get the attention they deserve.

Thank you! I have another doubt, so I am an Indian female, and have received all education in India - but I'm a U.S. citizen. Would that mean that my applicant pool would be with the U.S.A. kids, or will I still be considered a part of the Indian applicant pool?

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2015, 10:50
Where have you spent most of your life? It appears most of your experiences were in India and are consistent with the typical Indian applicant. So they will most likely view within the category because your perspective in the classroom will be more consistent with and Indian applicant than an American applicant. This you cannot control so your approach to creating the best application possible is still relevant. One benefit of being an american applicant is the access to scholarships and grants if admitted so this is not all bad.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.79
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 02:55
Hello hoodprincess,

I have a profile a bit similar to yours. Can you please share where did you finally study and which course did you opt for? :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Profile evaluation - Indian/690/Female

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap