Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:10 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Profile evaluation MBA/MIM [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Kdivyank9,

Thanks for your post!

First of all, I would say you have relevant work experience. MiM gives emerging professionals or recent college graduates with little or no job experience a formal introduction to business management. Before they can put their skills to use, they must first grasp the fundamentals through these lessons. This helps them acquire business fundamentals such as understanding business domains, their interrelationships, and the leadership component. A master's in Management is more theoretical than a Mainstream MBA.

Now coming to your GMAT, your aim is decent for top MiM programs, but an MBA program may require a bit more. In terms of the intake, I would say it depends on your profile, and from what I can confer, you could apply right after your GMAT if you get your ECAs and essays right!

Also, since you haven’t added anything about ECAs or volunteering work or why do you think an MBA/MiM could be a game-changer for your career, I would like to know more about it in detail from you to help you guide & decide schools whose values align perfectly with your profile. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and help you solve your concern on MiM or MBA. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Insights from an INSEAD Alum on How to Ace Your MBA Application

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Website|Blogs|Testimonials|GMATclub Reviews
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Kdivyank9 wrote:
Greetings,
Please let me know shall I go for MBA/MIM?
I will be giving the GMAT by June will be too late for Fall'22 so can I apply for Spring'23 an ideal option as I know is Fall'23.

Background
10th- 85.6%
12th- 75%
Top 20 college- 75.6%
Gmat predicted score- 650

Work experience- 18 months after that joined my Dad's business to date.
(DOES THEY COUNT WORK EX ONLY AFTEE GRADUATION DATE because I graduated in June'20 while I started working on March 20?) Total- 24(After counting family business with 30 employees)

Preferred country- UK/Canada/USA

Thanks for going through, will be waiting for your responses.
MBA or MIM?
Which intake?

Regards
Divyank

Originally posted by MBAandBeyond on 28 Feb 2022, 08:12.
Last edited by MBAandBeyond on 28 Feb 2022, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation MBA/MIM [#permalink]
Kdivyank9, there can always be specific personal reasons for pursuing a particular program. Just make sure you've thought those through and not as a means to escape from your current situation only.

Do feel free to reach out once you've made up your mind either way, for more guidance
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kdivyank9 wrote:
Greetings,
Please let me know shall I go for MBA/MIM?
I will be giving the GMAT by June will be too late for Fall'22 so can I apply for Spring'23 an ideal option as I know is Fall'23.

Background
10th- 85.6%
12th- 75%
Top 20 college- 75.6%
Gmat predicted score- 650

Work experience- 18 months after that joined my Dad's business to date.
(DOES THEY COUNT WORK EX ONLY AFTEE GRADUATION DATE because I graduated in June'20 while I started working on March 20?) Total- 24(After counting family business with 30 employees)

Preferred country- UK/Canada/USA

Thanks for going through, will be waiting for your responses.
MBA or MIM?
Which intake?

Regards
Divyank

Hello Kdivyank9,

Hope this finds you well.

Yes, your experience will only be counted after you graduated.

Ideally, you should wait and apply for MBA for the Fall '23 intake. Spring intake programs are fewer in number and that reduces your options. Eventually, this is a lifelong investment and a few months should not stop you from pursuing the more preferred degree.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot