GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 20:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation : north african engineer with a 670 GMAT

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile evaluation : north african engineer with a 670 GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2011, 14:26
Hello,

I gave my first attempt of the GMAT last week and got 670 Q50 V29 and 5,5 as AWA score.
I wonder if I should retake the GMAT or not as my prep score were above 700 and at the same time I fear not getting more than 670 on the real test.
Can you please advice me regarding my profile?

Work Experience: At enrollment, 4 years working in France an IT Big Consulting Firm. I had significant experiences with international clients. I got promoted after my first two years and I managed a small team of 4 people.

Graduate at one of the best enginner high schools in French, and got bachelor in my native north african country.

Extra Curricular : currently engaged in many actions for freedom of expression and democraty in my native country, created a student organization when in high school, participated in sevral achievments with other organizations...

Target 2012 MBA programs: Michigan (Ross),Dartmouth (Tuck),Berkeley (Haas),Duke University (Fuqua), Chicago, Cornell, Georgetown.

Post MBA goal: Develop the international attractivness offered by my native country in offshoring especially in IT industry

What are my chances in these schools? Am I a strong candidate, or just average? Do I really need to retake the GMAT or my international profile is already a good point for my application?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Re: Profile evaluation : north african engineer with a 670 GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2011, 21:07
For US schools, I'd highly recommend you rewrite the GMAT. If your practice tests that you can do above 700, go for it. At this point, while 30 points may seem minimal, you're competing with the rest of the folks who may have 700+ GMAT, AND the type of profile that you have. Boost it up if you can; if not, just do the best on your application. At your current score, Tuck and Booth will be big stretches. The rest will be hard as well.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Re: Profile evaluation : north african engineer with a 670 GMAT &nbs [#permalink] 17 May 2011, 21:07

Profile evaluation : north african engineer with a 670 GMAT

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap