Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:03 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Well,I do think that the first order of business is to concentrate on your GMAT and ace that. (Im sure you know that already though).

The second thing is to think about how you can CONNECT your past experience to your goals, and not just pull something out of a hat.

Finally, I should say, given your profile I think Top 10 schools in the US will be stretched for you, even if you hit a 720.... So I can suggest you look into Top 20/30 schools a bit and see what appeals to you.

Anyhow, for now, just do research, don't worry about things tooooo much one way or another until you get your GMAT score back.

Originally posted by Admissionado on 26 Jan 2017, 03:44.
Last edited by Admissionado on 27 Jan 2017, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
imemanik wrote:
I am a Commissioned Officer serving in Indian Navy (Fifth largest Navy in the World) since 2010.
You remind me of a candidate I once reviewed who was in the Indian Navy. The training this person had, along with the strong leadership, really helped that candidate be successful even with a less than stellar GMAT. So in your profile I see the potential for that too- although a higher GMAT is always a good thing! I see Rotman, INSEAD, LBS as good targets- it is a little hard to go on without an actual score here. I also challenge you since it is early in this process.... WHY did you pick those schools? There may be several others that fit- for example for consulting Kellogg and Booth could serve you very well- your odds at Kellogg and Booth in general are going to be much better than HBS and GSB so maybe look there too. And really there are a lot of other programs that you should look into. Have you done online chats? webinars? This is the time you should be doing thorough school research. I think a firm like ours could be very helpful in getting you to present your most compelling application and also picking the best schools for you. Here's a link to learn more: https://stratusprep.com/admissions/busi ... b-visitor/
Indian / Male/ 30 Years

3 year Diploma in Textile Technology- 4.0 GPA

B Tech Textile Tech - 3.6 GPA/ Anna Univ, Chennai, India.

Work Ex.

Promoted twice in 7 years. Sub- Lieutenant to Lieutenant and to Lieutenant Commander.

7+ years Experience in Military and Naval operations, Navigating Warships, Public Administration, Project Management and HR Management.

International Experience:- Joint Exercises with Foreign Navies in South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Sir Lanka, Maldives ad Seychelles.

Performed as Team Leader in organising a Disaster Management and Relief Operations Exercises in Cape Town, South Africa.

6 months Diploma course in Fire Fighting, Nuclear, Chemical, Radiological and Biological Warfare.

Preparing for GMAT and targeting 700+

Extras.

Active United Nations Volunteer.
Regularly Deliver Guest Lectures as an alumnus to my Under Grad College.

Performing Operations Executive's role in my brother's emerging start-up for last one year.

Awarded Gold medals for Best Outgoing Student and standing first in overall order of merit in B Tech.

Held various positions including Student's Association Secretary, Fashion Show Organiser, Red Cross Volunteer, etc.

Will retire from Indian Navy in 2018 with 9 years of experience and looking forward to take MBA admission in 2019.

My target schools are:-

1. INSEAD
2. IMD
3. LBS
4. HBS
5. GSB Stanford
6. Rotman, UoT

Please evaluate my profile and share your thoughts in getting admitted into the above mentioned B Schools.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]