It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 04:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation Please! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 07:01
Thank you in advance for the help! Below are my stats and info:

Age/Demographic - 27 white male from TX
GPA - 3.5 from large state school; Double major in Finance and Real Estate in 4 years
GMAT - 700 (Q46/V47)
Work Experience: 4 years working in corporate finance in the Transportation industry for two (of the four) largest US railroads. I moved back home to TX from the East Coast, which was the primary reason, plus I got a promotion out of it. I've been promoted 3 times over that period.
Extracurriculars - serve as a mentor and volunteer weekly at a school in an under-resourced community; Serve as co-chair of the volunteer committee of a young professional organization started by the mayor; serve on alumni board of my high school

Target Schools: McCombs, Emory, Columbia, Wharton, and maybe Duke, UNC, or UVA
MBA goals: leverage prior industry experience along with MBA to transition into finance or consulting

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on my chances at Columbia and Wharton, especially the early decision option at Columbia (top choice).

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
B
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Please! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2017, 14:47
Hi there,

In my view, Columbia (both early decision and regular decision) and Wharton would be more of a stretch, primarily because of your lower quant score on the GMAT. Unfortunately, I have been seeing lower quant scores hurting candidates at these particular schools (especially candidates with more of a finance background). You have a strong professional trajectory and are taking on leadership roles through your extracurricular activities, which is great. If you can get that quant score up, you would be putting yourself in a much better position at these schools. I hope that helps!

Best,
Shaifali
(HBS Grad/MBA Admissions Expert)

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Please!   [#permalink] 17 Sep 2017, 14:47

Profile Evaluation Please!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap