It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 06:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please - 650 GMAT, 8.9/10 Graduate GPA, 5Yrs workex

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 3

WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Profile Evaluation Please - 650 GMAT, 8.9/10 Graduate GPA, 5Yrs workex [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 03:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hi There,

Thanks for reading the post. Below is my profile details :
GMAT - 650 (Quants - 48)
Undergrad GPA (Engineering in Computer Science) - 8.9/10
Hold an Indian MBA from top 20 college
Work ex - 5years with JP Morgan

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if i have probability of getting admits (and scholarships) from below colleges:
1) Ross university
2) Duke University
3) Chicago Booth School
4) Yale School of Management
5) University of Texas, Austin

and any of the similar universities

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
S
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge

Kudos [?]: 29 [1], given: 60

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)
Re: Profile Evaluation Please - 650 GMAT, 8.9/10 Graduate GPA, 5Yrs workex [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 03:55
This post received
KUDOS
Amrita301 wrote:
Hi There,

Thanks for reading the post. Below is my profile details :
GMAT - 650 (Quants - 48)
Undergrad GPA (Engineering in Computer Science) - 8.9/10
Hold an Indian MBA from top 20 college
Work ex - 5years with JP Morgan

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if i have probability of getting admits (and scholarships) from below colleges:
1) Ross university
2) Duke University
3) Chicago Booth School
4) Yale School of Management
5) University of Texas, Austin

and any of the similar universities

Dear Amrita301,
Honest and Brutal...
1) Your GMAT is low for these schools. Improve it to 720+ and your chances will treble. For Booth, 740+ is recommended.
2) Your career progression and your goals will matter an immense lot.
3) Your story will be key.

What round are you submitting? Try and retake GMAT.
Assuming an average 2) & 3) and a 650 score, the only two schools you have a likelihood (low though), are UTA & Duke.

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)

Interviewing soon? Connect for Unlimited Mock Interviews at your convenience, and preparation with Interview Questions.

Applying for Fall 2019? PM me your resume for a FREE detailed profile evaluation.

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953

Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS
We take PERSONAL interest in your success.

Kudos [?]: 29 [1], given: 60

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Re: Profile Evaluation Please - 650 GMAT, 8.9/10 Graduate GPA, 5Yrs workex [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 04:10
I work as an associate in client portfolio analysis group (promoted last year from analyst) and on my to get promoted again very soon. I am planning to apply in R2 since I won't be making it in R1. Retaking GMAT is an option but I will be missing this year's admission in that case.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 174 [3], given: 56

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 04:16
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi Amrita,

Having a shot at these programs with a 650 GMAT is highly unlikely.
I'd suggest you retake GMAT and apply in Round 1 and early application deadlines next year.

The extra time will give you the chance to make your profile better in any area where it is lacking

Sent from my MI 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Last minute turn-around of ISB applications click here

Want last minute feedback on your essays? Ask about our pay per essay service.

Kudos [?]: 174 [3], given: 56

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 32 [3], given: 22

WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 04:22
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

As others have told, 650 will not be sufficient to get into the schools that you have mentioned here.
720+ is sort of a minimum requirement. Since you already have an MBA and a good profile, build a good application with a good GMAT score and you might be able to get through one of those.

Kudos [?]: 32 [3], given: 22

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 240 [1], given: 81

Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 10:14
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Applying this year with that score is only going to speed up the process of being rejected. It's a waste of your time and money. I don't think there is any possibility that you will get in with a score that's less than 700, with an amazing application, 720 730 is honestly the range you looking at, maybe a little lower for Texas and or Duke, and for scholarships I would say 750.

http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 10:20
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
If you're looking to do something quickly then you might consider applying at round 1 for insead January batch, maybe round 3 London Business School. For overrepresented candidates it's always better to apply to round one however. That would give you a little bit of time to get the GMAT sorted, and also those two schools have a lower GMAT threshold. HEC January batch would also be a possibility. Columbia J Term if you dont need an internship.

If you're very determined to go to a US school, then wait for round one and spend this time to get a 730+ AND really improve your profile - differentiate yourself in terms of community service leadership, hobbies, things that made a person well rounded, start with Toastmasters or something like that.

It's just really difficult for Indians in terms of the test scores and really every other dimension as well because they are so over represented.

By the way, if you haven't started on these applications yet for R2... I mean like you're really well under way you have your references sorted, your CV perfected, application responses and essays polished and edited..... then starting this process now will be certain death. Believe me.

Farrell Dyan
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Director
Director
B
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 7

Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 03:38
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I agree with opinion of not applying to these top b-schools with your GMAT. It would definetly be a waste of time and money. A candidate like you who has 8.9 GPA will definetly score better GMAT than 650. You should definetly consider retaking GMAT or shortlist b-schools with your over all profile, where you have a good chances of getting admit.

Below mentioned are some of the b-schools you should consider applying if you do not want to retake GMAT.

Wake Forest University School of Busines
University of Georgia Terry College of Business
University of St.Gallen MBA-HSG
SDA Bocconi School of Management- Italy
ESADE
Georgia Tech- Ernest Scheller Jr. College of Business
NUS - National University of Singapore
Emory University Goizueta School of Business
Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business
Indian School of Business

If you want to have a detailed free profile evaluation by the top B-schools Alumni please feel free to reach us out at +91 9980044412

You can also evaluate your profile by using our ingenious tool called B-School Selector. B-School selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like, GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores. Please click on the below mentioned link to use the tool.
https://www.genedmba.com/b-school-selec ... Ra9sPptBnq

General Education
m:+91-99800 44412 , +91-90350 50056
w: http://www.genedmba.com e: info@genedmba.com

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
WE: Operations (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 21:17
Please evaluate my profile

Industry: Banking
Domain: Retail operations
Current designation-Manager/Unit head
Work Ex: 76 Months
X: 76%
XII: 66%
Graduation-B.Tech Biotechnology: 8.78 CGPA
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Insurance: 8.30 CGPA
Extracurricular: Member of editorial committee of E magazine-Incharge of designing of magazine & Head of scheduling committee for the events conducted in college
Professional Achievements: Got promoted from Team member to Unit head/Manager in 5 years, Organised awareness programs on clean note policy of RBI for general members of public in schools, colleges & staff of NBFCs, Participated in various quality projects and received certificate of appreciations & Ideated many news processes and projects for smoothing the day to day functions.
GMAT Status: Yet to give
Target Schools: ISB

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Admission Consultant
S
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 60

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 22:38
Aekagra wrote:
Please evaluate my profile

Industry: Banking
Domain: Retail operations
Current designation-Manager/Unit head
Work Ex: 76 Months
X: 76%
XII: 66%
Graduation-B.Tech Biotechnology: 8.78 CGPA
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Insurance: 8.30 CGPA
Extracurricular: Member of editorial committee of E magazine-Incharge of designing of magazine & Head of scheduling committee for the events conducted in college
Professional Achievements: Got promoted from Team member to Unit head/Manager in 5 years, Organised awareness programs on clean note policy of RBI for general members of public in schools, colleges & staff of NBFCs, Participated in various quality projects and received certificate of appreciations & Ideated many news processes and projects for smoothing the day to day functions.
GMAT Status: Yet to give
Target Schools: ISB

Brutal and honest:
1. Suggest you to work hard on your resume; from a cursory reading, you will need some good consulting help to demonstrate yourself as an outstanding achiever.
2. No Goals mentioned; once again, articulate your goals with an obvious, but ambitious linkage. ISB is known for grilling candidates on establishing the connection/ linkage.
3. Aim for a GMAT of 720+
4. Even if you have your GMAT pending, you should start working on your application documents (resume/ essays/ goals) etc. Will help you to have time for many iterations.

Feel free to connect

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)

Interviewing soon? Connect for Unlimited Mock Interviews at your convenience, and preparation with Interview Questions.

Applying for Fall 2019? PM me your resume for a FREE detailed profile evaluation.

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953

Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS
We take PERSONAL interest in your success.

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 60

Re: Profile Evaluation Please - 650 GMAT, 8.9/10 Graduate GPA, 5Yrs workex   [#permalink] 29 Dec 2017, 22:38

Profile Evaluation Please - 650 GMAT, 8.9/10 Graduate GPA, 5Yrs workex

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap