It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 22:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

profile evaluation .. please

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

profile evaluation .. please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2008, 07:07
hi:

I have 9 years of experience in IT with a Global Bank. Currently I have moved to operations side of the bank and working as senior business analyst in corporate banking division. I have B. Tech degree from IT BHU from INDIA. I have enough international exposure and have been in singapore for last 6 years. My family is pretty much international as well with my wife from America and my mother in law from Britain. I have GMAT score of 710.

Please help to advise what will be my chances to make to INSEAD.

Thanks.

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 584 [0], given: 74

Re: profile evaluation .. please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2008, 14:57
abhaypratapsingh,

Not sure you gave me enough info to provide a useful review, but nothing you told me makes me think you're overreaching at INSEAD. Your international profile will help you, of course. But you will need plenty of leadership/impact stories, and hopefully you will have more than just professional ones to talk about.

Good luck,

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2008, 00:35
hi Paul:

Here is my eloborate profile. Please help with expert advise.

I have 9 years of experience in IT with a Global Bank. Recently I have moved to business operations side of the bank and working as senior business analyst in corporate banking division. I have B. Tech degree from IT BHU from INDIA.

I have enough international exposure in following capacities:
a) Work Experience:
Have worked with virtual teams accross the Asia , Latin America , USA and UK.
Have on lacation work experience ( 3 years in INDIA, 6 months USA and 6 years in Singapore)
b) Family : My family is pretty much international. My wife is from Latin America. My mother in law from Britain.

c) Residence: I am an Indian staying singapore for last 6 years.

Professional experience & leadership:
I am have good growth in professional career. I have executed different roles over last 9 years Starting as developer , moving to Bussiness analysis and Project management. In my current role I moved from IT to business operations of global bank. I managed teams , quality, budget , risk and schedule as part my jo responsibbilities.

At this stage of career I strongly realize that to achieve my passion I need :

1) skills to grasp the organizational and competitive possibilities to use IT as the prime driver and enabler of business strategy.
2) to challenge my thinking, change my outlook and choose my future
3) networks of strong professionals which can be supportive throughout the professional and personal lives.
4) not just a postgraduate but a post-experience qualification
5) skills and knowledge, to make the transition to much higher level of responsibility.

I think a MBA will help me with above needs.

Initially I would like to seek more prestigious position with my currrent Employer (world largest Financial institution). Because of the excellent preparation of the basics MBA will have provided me, I will excel and climb up the corporate ladder. After excelling in all aspects of the defined contribution, I would like to start with consulting to Banks/Financial Institutions (especially in developing countries) to achieve exceptional level of accuracy in their Technology and Operations.

What do you think my chances with INSEAD , LBS , IMD , IESE and cambridge ?

Thanks.
Robin

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2008, 12:51
abhaypratapsingh,

You certainly seem to have an international enough profile to appeal to INSEAD. If you were applying to U.S. schools I would express concern over extracurriculars/community but you aren't. Assuming your leadership and impact stories are strong enough and you can make your goals more focused and specific, you may well have a chance at INSEAD and LBS. I certainly wouldn't discourage you. By that token, IMD, IESE, and Cambridge look eminently doable for you.

Good luck,

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Re: profile evaluation .. please   [#permalink] 29 Aug 2008, 12:51

profile evaluation .. please

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap