It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 02:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please: Fall 2010

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Please: Fall 2010 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2009, 02:56
Hi, Kindly evaluate my profile and comment on chances of admit from schools that I am Targeting.

Nationality: Indian

Undergraduate Major: BE in Electronics and telecommunication(June 2007)
GPA: 3.2
GMAT: 620,650

Work Ex
1. Currently working with Reliance communications, one of India's premier telecom company, as Deputy manager handling network planning operations of state of Maharashtra(India). Have recently been promoted and currently in charge of leading team of four people.

2. Joined Cummins, Designer and manufacturer of power generation equipment, power systems etc,for a period of 6 months straight after Engineering. Didn't assume any leadership position there but underwent training and was drafted into power project for an Indian power company before switching to Reliance communications.

Extra Curricular:
1. Was part of student council of college's IEEE body as Sponsorship head and was responsible for procuring funds for various Intercollegiate festivals organized by the college.
2. Represented high School and College as Captain of the cricket team in various inter state cricket tournaments and won several awards for the same. Also represented my cricket club in international cricket tournament in bangkok featuring teams from 8 other countries.
3. Is one of the founding members of group called 'Teamhausla' which focuses on providing basic amenities to homeless girls and elderly. Recently raised more than $1000 to organize an event for homeless girls thereby providing them with Educational books, cloths and food grains etc.
4. I enjoy swimming and currently also learning Spanish as a foreign language.

Short term goal: Working for big FMCG player like Unilever, P&G, Johnson&Johnson or telecom giant like AT&T, Apple Inc etc and study and design their operation and supply chain networks.

Long term goal: Coming back to India and leverage the experience gained and network created to start up with my own venture with focus on providing top quality logistics and supply chain solutions to currently unorganized Indian supply chain sector.

Targeted schools:

Case western, Katz, UIUC, Smeal, Babson, Fisher, Carey, Krannert, Maryland-Smith, TAMU.

Kindly note that this list is open to modification so plz also suggest any other school u think I should aim for or remove from the list above.

Thanks!

SVP
SVP
B
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Please: Fall 2010 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2009, 21:05
picasso,

Your leadership record, given your age, is impressive. You can optimistic about Case Western, Katz, and Babson. You will be competitive at UIUC, Smeal, Fisher, ASU Carey, Krannert, Maryland-Smith, and TAMU. Given your goals, I think you should also consider Michigan State; I think you have a chance there.

Best of luck,

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2009, 11:57
pbodine wrote:
picasso,

Your leadership record, given your age, is impressive. You can optimistic about Case Western, Katz, and Babson. You will be competitive at UIUC, Smeal, Fisher, ASU Carey, Krannert, Maryland-Smith, and TAMU. Given your goals, I think you should also consider Michigan State; I think you have a chance there.

Best of luck,

Thanks pbodine for your inputs.
I did correspond with michigan state(as you suggested) as its SCM curriculum is very highly reputed but in the response they very explicitly mentioned that international students score considerably higher on the GMAT than their class average(640). Also, I would have less number of years of work ex(almost 3yrs) than the class avg(5 yrs).

So these are the two factors I weighed before deciding to drop michigan state from the above list.
Given my profile and the schools I am aiming for do you think that I have a chance to get some sort of scholarship from any of the schools?

SVP
SVP
B
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2009, 21:02
picasso,

Yes, I do. Financial aid is not my expertise, but if you apply to enough programs where your numbers/profile are significantly better than their averages, your odds of getting a scholarship should go up.

Good luck,

Re: Profile Evaluation Please: Fall 2010   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2009, 21:02

Profile Evaluation Please: Fall 2010

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap