Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 19:51 It is currently 07 May 2024, 19:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GPA: 3.67
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GPA: 3.67
WE:Corporate Finance (Transportation)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - PT MBA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Totally agree with previous poster - Ross is not bad by any means, but why not shoot for Berkeley, Booth or Kellogg. I have helped people get into Booth & Kellogg with this GMAT score but would recommend retaking it if you can. AND - if it doesn't jeopardize the effort you need to put into the applications themselves. If you had been getting mock exam scores significantly higher than 620 you would be leaving money on the table by not taking it again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello,

Can you please evaluate my profile? Here’s a brief description about me-

Indian, Male, 30
GMAT- 720
Undergrad in Mechanical Engineering- 2.75/4
Masters in Supply Chain from Ross- 3.7/4

Founded a manufacturing start-up where I worked for 5 years. Grew the company revenue by more than 600% in five years before I decided to sell it. Reason being wanted to switch in a Operations role in Hi-Tech

Working in Amazon as Operations Manager for the past 2 years. Leading a team of 200 people

Co-curricular- Was the Vice President of a non-profit for 3.5 years, raised more than $60K for the same. Peer Coach at Ross, leadership positions in some clubs but nothing major.

I applied in B-Schools before my masters but got dinged by most. I’m only targeting the following schools-

1. HBS
2. Stanford
3. MIT
4. Haas
5. Kellogg (not sure)

I don’t think I can improve my GMAT any further. My goal is to transition into Product Management after MBA.

Thank You very much!!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing your profile. Really interesting background with strong (and unique) work experience. Competitive GMAT score but a low UG GPA countered by a strong Grad GPA.

You're an interesting candidate, I think Kellogg and Haas will give you the best chances, I would focus more on Kellogg than it seems you have to date. You are applying to some of the best schools in the world so it is not always enough to be competitive you also need to stand out. I think you have some areas that will help you stand out but enough red flags that will keep you being a slam dunk at the top programs. I would spend some more time connecting with people and reps from the school to build your relationship and knowledge, this could pay dividends when it comes time to submit and during the assessment process
GMAT Club Bot