Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - reapply next year? [#permalink]
sid090188 wrote:
Hi Alex,

My name is Siddharth. I would request you to evaluate my profile.

GMAt: 740
Education. B.E in EXTC (India)+MMS Finance(Mumbai university)
Work ex: 3 years in Project Finance. Working as Assistant Manager
GPA: 3.8+

I have also cleared the Level 2 of my CFA. Intend to clear the Level 3 this time or somewhere in 2015 definitely. I had applied to some schools in the US in the top 15. However I have received a reject from them. Have gt interview invites for a few safe schools from 16-25th rank.

Do you think I should be giving up on these(if I receive an admit) and consider applying next year. Would an additional year of work ex help if I target the top 15.I would be undertaking additional extracurriculars in this while. However I would not be able to make significant changes to my profile if I consider the GMAT and work ex.

I strongly believe a 3 year work ex till matriculation has been one of the major reasons for a reject and I stand good chances if I apply with an additional year of work ex.

What is your opinion on this?

Without seeing at least one of your applications, it's hard to say. Also, if your career has been based in India all this time, then top 16 schools are going to be stretches. In other words, the top 30 schools are where you'll likely have a better shot at anyhow, which is what ended up happening.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
AlexMBAApply wrote:
sid090188 wrote:
Hi Alex,

My name is Siddharth. I would request you to evaluate my profile.

GMAt: 740
Education. B.E in EXTC (India)+MMS Finance(Mumbai university)
Work ex: 3 years in Project Finance. Working as Assistant Manager
GPA: 3.8+

I have also cleared the Level 2 of my CFA. Intend to clear the Level 3 this time or somewhere in 2015 definitely. I had applied to some schools in the US in the top 15. However I have received a reject from them. Have gt interview invites for a few safe schools from 16-25th rank.

Do you think I should be giving up on these(if I receive an admit) and consider applying next year. Would an additional year of work ex help if I target the top 15.I would be undertaking additional extracurriculars in this while. However I would not be able to make significant changes to my profile if I consider the GMAT and work ex.

I strongly believe a 3 year work ex till matriculation has been one of the major reasons for a reject and I stand good chances if I apply with an additional year of work ex.

What is your opinion on this?

Without seeing at least one of your applications, it's hard to say. Also, if your career has been based in India all this time, then top 16 schools are going to be stretches. In other words, the top 30 schools are where you'll likely have a better shot at anyhow, which is what ended up happening.

Would I have a better chance next year if I reapply but my work ex will be in India though. However I can improve upon my extra curriculars plus I believe that I being a young applicant would be a bigger reason. I can attest to the fact that my career goals and why MBA answers were well answered.

So do you feel I can make it next year if I apply somewhere in the top 16 or should I consider top 30 only. Please provide a realistic response as I would help me.thanks for your mail
GMAT Club Bot