Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Hi,
Firstly, I would like to thank you for providing an oppurtunity to me of presenting my profile for evaluation to your goodself.
I am looking at following Business Schools to apply for Fall 2013 -
Nanyang MBA (Singapore)
Melbourne Business School (Australia)
AGSM (Australia)
CUHK (China)

My Profile in brief -
a) 10th Class - 80.6 % (from Delhi Public School, one of the most coveted schools in India)
b) 12th Class - 68.8 % (from Apeejay School, again one of the most coveted schools in India)
c) Undergraduate - Engineering in Computer Sciences - 68.8% (First Class) from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (One of the top 10 colleges in India)
d) Work Exp - Total 7 Years 2 Months (Techno-Management role) in IT by the time Fall 2013 batch starts at all of schools listed above.
Have been leading 3 online 24*7 Account Opening Applictions in RBS Group worldwide with usage in more than 20+
countries.
Have contributed significantly to recovery of RBS Group during worldwide technical glitch (famous one) in RBS Systems in
2012 July.
e) Sad Part - GMAT 640
f) Extra Curricular Activities - Very active right from childhood - 1) Role Playing Competition award at High School, 2) Parker Writing
Contest,3) Captain of Under-19 Cricket team at High School, 4) Member of Volleyball Team, 5) Paper
Presentation Award at National Level Academic event 'TECHNIeeK'.
g) Community Initiative - Again, pro-active from childhood, 1) Indian Human Rights Protection Award during my High School - Senior
Secondry education,2) Part of 'Community Social Responsibility' Initiative at my current employer - Royal
Bank of Scotland,3) A Fire Marshal of RBS covering vicinity of premises.
h) Extra Certifications - 1) L0 Certification - Credit Cards Domain from Cognizant Technology Solutions ( globally renowned IT
Company),2) L1 Certifications - Banking and Financial Domain from same employer,3) Workshop on
Presentation Skills 'Train The Trainer' by prestigious Dale Carneige Group.
Some of the highlights -
a) Great adapatability - I have studied in 8 prestigious schools till my Senior Secondry Education (12th Class) across various
gepgraphical locations in India (owing to frequent location change in my father's govt job).Same applies to my
professional journey as well - first employer being Cognizant Technology Solutions (Typical IT Service
provider),then CGI (Canadian Organisation), and then RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) - One of the biggie banks on
the planet.
b) Exposure to various domains during my professional stint - IT Services, Supply-Chain Management, Banking and Financial Domains,
Manufacturing.
c) Internship - Began from 2nd year onwards till end of my engineering during each summer break.
1) 2nd Year engineering - IBM Corporation, India - As a technical engineer, developed softwares on multiple languages.
2) 3rd Year engineering - Selected by Department of Atomic Energy, Govt of India for short research study on CPU
Clustering effects.
3) Final year engineering - Did my corporate internship at TISCO (renowned Tata Steel Corporations),India,I developed
software that was implemented into Manufacturing line of Tata Steels and won me appreciations for the same.
d) Academic - 1) Scholar Batch for academic excellence in my Senior Secondry School,2) Book of Merit Award by a Central Govt
Organisation for academic excellence at High School.
e) Professional Awards - 1) RBS Group's Global Ovation Award for continued excellence in managing the delivery over years.In fact, my
team bought this laurel to my business division which didn;t get this award in last 5 years.
2) Silver Excellence Award (RBS India Level) - For excelling in delivering solutions to business.
I will keep away from writing usual awards which are on team level like 'Thank You' , I Appreciate,etc.

I would appreciate if I can have a profile evaluation done for my candidature for above mentioned schools, also I would welcome your
expert opinion on consideration of any other better schools (If I can !! depending upon above profile) !!

Thanks in advance,
rishukvt
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I agree; I think I'm going to apply this Fall, and if I don't get in, I'll just apply next year. Thankfully, the letters of recommendation and essays shouldn't be an issue, but I'll be sure to focus most of my efforts on them.

Thanks again!

VeritasPrepCJane wrote:
If you can get your MBA paid if you apply now and go this Fall, I say go ahead and apply. I do believe that you will do better on your acceptances with more work experience under your belt, but if you do not get in this year you can always apply the following year again. Business school is expensive and the scholarship sounds like an enticing opportunity.

Deferring, from my experience, differs school to school.

The Asian/Female mix in my opinion is neither an advantage or disadvantage, but either way does not matter because you can not change it. Focus on what you can change, like maximizing your letters of recommendation, and making your essays as compelling as possible.

Good luck on your journey.
GMAT Club Bot