Profile Evaluation Request : Ask Admission Consultants
Check GMAT Club Decision Tracker for the Latest School Decision Releases https://gmatclub.com/AppTrack

It is currently 23 Feb 2017, 05:21
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2017, 23:07
Hello ,

I request the experts to evaluate my profile and suggest further course of action. I am appearing for my GMAT in first week of February and looking in for admissions for Fall 2017. I am looking for courses in General Management, Consulting,Leadership and Strategy field (Master's,pH D,) with good ROI. My Resume is attached for your reference. Please please help out.

Thanks and Regards,
Isha
Attachments

Isha Dwivedi_cv.docx [20.42 KiB]
Downloaded 13 times

To download please login or register as a user

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2017, 05:55
Please help out .
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: Admission Consultant

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2017, 07:59
Hello Isha,

All the best for your GMAT. A good score will definitely help your cause. As for your profile, irrespective of the course that you want to pursue, things that will stand in your good stead are that you already have an MBA from a prestigious institute and have experience of working with a reputed firm i.e. Accenture.

Given your profile, we are assuming that you are considering a second MBA, an Executive MBA or a PhD.

A PhD program in management will be handy if you want to pursue either a teaching job in a Business School or are interested in conducting research in business administrations and publishing articles. Though even top tier strategy consulting firms are now keen on hiring PhDs. doing PhD is a long term investment and will require at least a 4-6 year commitment from your end. Also most top level US universities do not allow you to work during this period though you will be entitled to a stipend. Looking at all these aspects and aligning it with your requirement, at this stage we will not recommend a PhD for you.

An executive MBA requires minimum experience of 7-10 years therefore you can cross that out too for now.

That leaves you with only a 2nd MBA option. Any college that you may shortlist to apply would definitely want to understand more about what you do than where you work. From your resume, the sense that we got was that you have still only scratched the surface with your experience both in terms of number of years as well as the kind of work you are doing. The admission committee would want to know more about you and therefore its critical that we work on bringing those stories out.

Therefore we would recommend these following action items :

1) Get a good GMAT Score : Scores are valid for 5 years
2) Build your profile : We are unable to determine from your resume what you are currently doing after you PGDM from IMT, Ghaziabad in 2016. Work experience is an extremely critical factor for any application both in terms of depth as well as length of your service. Therefore important to keep working on your profile as you go along.

We will be happy to take the discussion forward through PM or email.

Cheers,

Team Taterways

Taterways Admission Consulting
http://www.taterways.com

http://www.taterways.com/free-consultation

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/taterways

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 438 [1] , given: 3

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2017, 13:37
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Would you mind writing out your UG institution, GPA, summary of work experiences, leadership roles, involvement, and goals? We won't download attachments.

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let us know!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2017, 06:47
CriticalSquare wrote:
Would you mind writing out your UG institution, GPA, summary of work experiences, leadership roles, involvement, and goals? We won't download attachments.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ACCENTURE SERVICES PVT. LTD Bangalore
Software Engineering Analyst July 2011- January 2014
• Executed project system integration phase testing and qualification phase testing
• Performed data analysis as per the business requirements of the client
• Developed, assessed and administered the BI (SSIS and SSAS) packages
• Monitored and organized critical environments of the project independently
• Delegated and supervised work assignments amongst peers and team
• Managed team compliance requirements and administration
Achievements:
o Celebrating Performance Award for “Developing Self and Others”, 2013
o Avanade Orange Award for “Individual Delivery Excellence “, 2012
o Celebrating Performance Award for “Demonstrating Professionalism and Confidence”, 2012
SUMMER INTERNSHIP
HINDUSTAN SANITARYWARE & INDUSTRIES LTD Gurgaon
Marketing Strategy Intern April 2015- May 2015
• Market analysis of bathroom wellness brands present in the Delhi NCR region vis-à-vis Amore.
• Comparative study of the marketing strategies of Amore and devise further improvements on the basis of primary market
• Study latest and upcoming market trends in Wellness industry
• Wellness bathroom products and analyze factors influencing the consumers’ decision making process.
• Make recommendations on the future strategies for the marketing mix of the brand as per the observations of the research.

EDUCATION
• PGDM (Sales, Marketing and Business Development) from Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad,2016 with 6.94 CGPA
• B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication) from Mody Institute of Technology & Science, Sikar ,2011 with 7.1 CGPA
• 12th from Chinar Public School, (CBSE), Alwar ,2007 with 88 %
• 10th from Chinar Public School, (CBSE), Alwar ,2005 with 87.2%

CERTIFICATIONS
• Benchmark Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Program in Oct’15
• Strategic Decision Making, enParadigm Knowledge Solutions in Feb’15
• Microsoft Certification of Querying SQL Server, Nov’13
• Life Sciences Industry Generalist Certification, Accenture, May’12

ACADEMIC & EXTRACURRICULAR ACHEIVEMENTS
• Finalist (Top 3) in X culture, an international real life business challenge competition in international business environment through virtual collaboration mode with an international team, 2016
• Top scorer (top quartile) of Lean Six Sigma certification
• Composed opinion pieces in official newsletter of IMT, Ghaziabad (Nov-Dec), 2014 edition
• Coordinator of event management team, Cordinazo’10, Techfest, Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Sikar, 2010
• Member of Event Management team, for 2009 inter and intra college events at Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Sikar
• Acted as: Head Girl, Chinar Public School, Alwar, 2006
• Secured top position amongst school batch in class XII CBSE Board Exams
• Secured English distinction-International Assessment for Indian School (IAIS), University of New South Wales, Australia, 2006
• Received merit certificate at The Green Olympiad, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, 2004
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2017, 09:57
Hello Isha,

Greetings from TugBuck!

We must say, you have an impressive profile and with a well-crafted story in your essay, you are bound to go places!

But don't worry about that now. Take the GMAT with a calm mind and then focus on the essays. Probably we can help!

And we had a look at your resume - um, it needs work!

Please feel free to get in touch with us regarding your applications.

Best Regards
TugBuck Assistance
Email - tugbuck@outlook.com

Please give a KUDOS if you like our post!

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
B
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 39

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2017, 22:09
isha19209 wrote:
Hello ,

I request the experts to evaluate my profile and suggest further course of action. I am appearing for my GMAT in first week of February and looking in for admissions for Fall 2017. I am looking for courses in General Management, Consulting,Leadership and Strategy field (Master's,pH D,) with good ROI. My Resume is attached for your reference. Please please help out.

Thanks and Regards,
Isha

Isha,

In my opinion, you first need to narrow down the program you wish to study. You have just completed an MBA, so are you keen on doing a PhD? Unfortunately nobody else can tell you what to study, that knowledge has to come from you, although you have left it open ended here.

Moreover, what is the purpose behind studying again? Typically you'd like to get some work experience before you embark on another course. Would like some clarity there.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

To get started, write to us for a profile evaluation

Re: Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2017, 22:09