It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 12:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.92
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2017, 17:32
Thank you for taking the time to read this; here is my profile:

-24 year old white male, will be 25 at matriculation (Fall 2018) (US Citizen)
-Graduated from a small state school (not prestigious at all) with a BS in a specialized Engineering Technology discipline
-GMAT 740 (Q 47, V 44, IR 6, AWA 5)
-Ugrad GPA 3.92

-Work experience includes 1.5 years at a F500 company as an engineer in a leadership development program. Received increasing work responsibilities during my time there and have interesting engineering field work experience where I dealt with many cultures and was one of only a few English speakers. I currently work at a F1000 aerospace company as a manufacturing engineer. I received a promotion upon switching companies.

I will have just over 3 years WE at matriculation.

Extracurriculars/Awards:

- While in leadership development program, I was a member of the community involvement team and helped to organize several volunteer events for members of the program.
- Currently volunteer on the weekends at a local nonprofit resale shop helping customers in the store. I also am going to be in charge of the organizing/marketing of a 5k run fundraiser for the store.
- Member of the Human Powered Vehicle Team in school
- Member of a Toastmasters International club
- Member of a national academic honor society that only allows the top 10 students from my university's College of Engineering Technology (roughly 1000 students) in per year.

Reasons for MBA:

Short term MBA goal: My favorite part of my job is working with the customer to meet their needs. As an engineer, I do this solely technical manner and not quite as often as I would like to. I want an MBA to secure a industrial or technology B2B marketing strategy or consulting position so I can not only work more closely with clients and customers but also gain managerial knowledge and use more of my soft skills. I want to do B2B in the industrial or technology sector because it is the sphere I work in now, albeit currently in a mostly technical manner.

Long term MBA goal: Become a leader of a large industrial technology company to help revolutionize the way goods are manufactured or services are delivered.

Planning on applying R1 to Tepper, Ross, Tuck, Kelley, Kenan-Flagler, and Darden. Do I have a reasonable shot at these schools, do you have any other schools to suggest? Will my small state university undergrad hurt my application for top schools? Also, am I too young to be admitted?

Thanks again for your time.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 220 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2017, 15:04
Thanks for sharing your profile. I think you have a strong profile but will need to work to differentiate your work experience to stand out. You have a good target list of schools, I would maybe also take a crack at Kellogg as well if you're looking for another option that makes sense given your career goals

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 220 [0], given: 0