GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 00:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2017, 07:54
Profile Evaluation:

Age 32 male

Born in Kolkata, India
I’m a first generation immigrant and I will be the first person in my family to get a graduate degree.

I plan to apply to business schools this fall in R1 and R2.

GMAT 660 Q47 V35

GPA
Haldia Institute Of Technology - 4.0 , B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering.

Work Experince
After graduating from college in 2006, I started working in Software Companies like IBM, Tech Mahindra Ltd. and Atos (Currently). I have 10 yrs of IT software experience. Currently I am working as a Senior Associate.

Career Path would be: Associate --> Senior Associate --> Manager --> Senior Manager --> Sector head --> Director.

I want to do Executive MBA for accelerating my career.

Please suggest me some Good executive MBA programs .

My choice is :
1) Booth
2) Kelley (Indiana)
3) HEC Paris
4) IIM IIM Ahmedabad
5) IIM Calcutta
6) XLRI Jamsedpur

Thanks in advance.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2017, 11:54
Pritum2006 wrote:
Profile Evaluation:
Hi Pritum2006, Thanks for reaching out and asking for the profile review and I will address them below
Age 32 male

Born in Kolkata, India
I’m a first generation immigrant and I will be the first person in my family to get a graduate degree. congrats!

GMAT 660 Q47 V35This will matter less for exec MBA. I think this is best for exec MBA- FT MBA programs will be hard with this score.

GPA
Haldia Institute Of Technology - 4.0 , B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering.

Work Experince
After graduating from college in 2006, I started working in Software Companies like IBM, Tech Mahindra Ltd. and Atos (Currently). I have 10 yrs of IT software experience. Currently I am working as a Senior Associate.This trajectory seems slower than one might expect- make sure you demonstrate how you have progressed. With 10 yrs of experience- schools will expect significant progression.

Career Path would be: Associate --> Senior Associate --> Manager --> Senior Manager --> Sector head --> Director.

My choice is :
1) Booth
2) Kelley (Indiana)
3) HEC Paris
4) IIM IIM Ahmedabad
5) IIM Calcutta
6) XLRI Jamsedpur
Without knowing a bit more about WHY you seek the MBA and your post MBA goal, and it is hard to speak to specific schools- but these schools all look like possibilities. I would look also at Kellogg if you are looking at Chicago. You might also look at the online MBA at Kenan-Flagler. I suggest you think about what you hope to gain- and also think about where you want to build your professional network- do you see Chicago as place where you want to build your network? New York? I think that is important to consider with Exec MBA. Is there a certain sector where you want to gain more expertise- then consider going to a location where you can network there because it is a strength. Lots of good healthcare connections for Wharton (Philadelphia) or Chicago (Kellogg or Booth). Having easy access to an airport may be very important if you are travelling regularly for classes- every 3 weeks- so all these things matter when selecting schools- but I do see Exec MBA as a great option for your background. Best wishes as you navigate that.
Thanks in advance.

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

Intern
Intern
B
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2017, 04:13
It was my mistake, I am interested in Full time MBA (1yr). Please suggest some good universities or FT MBA programs so that I can apply.

Thanks.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2017, 10:20
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
Pritum2006 wrote:
Profile Evaluation:
Hi Pritum2006, Thanks for reaching out and asking for the profile review and I will address them below
Age 32 male
So if you are looking at the 1 YR MBA program, I would say that looking in Europe or Asia might make more sense as there are more 1 YR programs there- and for US 1YR programs your 10+ yrs of work experience puts you beyond the main range of applicants- and while more work experience is a good thing... there becomes a point where that diminishes somewhat and I'd say you face that hurdle a bit. Here is a link to some of the best 1 YR international MBA programs and perhaps start here to see where you compare to the applicant pool and also with your career interests to narrow down the list: https://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlh45el ... b42e9c5780
Schools like INSEAD, IMD, Cambridge, SPA Bocconi and others mentioned in the article are worth researching! Best wishes to you-
but also do consider possible exec options- as you will find many peers going this route.

Born in Kolkata, India
I’m a first generation immigrant and I will be the first person in my family to get a graduate degree. congrats!

GMAT 660 Q47 V35This will matter less for exec MBA. I think this is best for exec MBA- FT MBA programs will be hard with this score.

GPA

Work Experince
After graduating from college in 2006, I started working in Software Companies like IBM, Tech Mahindra Ltd. and Atos (Currently). I have 10 yrs of IT software experience. Currently I am working as a Senior Associate.This trajectory seems slower than one might expect- make sure you demonstrate how you have progressed. With 10 yrs of experience- schools will expect significant progression.

My choice is :
1) Booth
2) Kelley (Indiana)
3) HEC Paris
4) IIM IIM Ahmedabad
5) IIM Calcutta
6) XLRI Jamsedpur
Without knowing a bit more about WHY you seek the MBA and your post MBA goal, and it is hard to speak to specific schools- but these schools all look like possibilities. I would look also at Kellogg if you are looking at Chicago. You might also look at the online MBA at Kenan-Flagler. I suggest you think about what you hope to gain- and also think about where you want to build your professional network- do you see Chicago as place where you want to build your network? New York? I think that is important to consider with Exec MBA. Is there a certain sector where you want to gain more expertise- then consider going to a location where you can network there because it is a strength. Lots of good healthcare connections for Wharton (Philadelphia) or Chicago (Kellogg or Booth). Having easy access to an airport may be very important if you are travelling regularly for classes- every 3 weeks- so all these things matter when selecting schools- but I do see Exec MBA as a great option for your background. Best wishes as you navigate that.
Thanks in advance.

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request &nbs [#permalink] 24 May 2017, 10:20

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap