It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 08:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

!!Profile Evaluation Request!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth PT '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
!!Profile Evaluation Request!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 14:00
Hello, I'm looking for an honest profile evaluation request as I'm starting my applications for b-school. Profile below:

26, Born in Europe but now a US Citizen, Male
GMAT - 660

Academics:
Undergrad GPA 3.43 from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Major: Biology/Pre-Med

Professional Experience:
Started out in Software Sales at Experian and quickly moved up the ranks, promoted 2 times in 1 year and 10 months. Then went to Oracle to do enterprise software sales and pre-sales consulting, only stayed for 10 months because a partner at IBM then offered me a full time consulting job in their financial services practice doing enterprise finance technology implementations after I partnered with them on a project while i was at Oracle (salary was almost double and it was doing full time consulting which was my goal). I've been at IBM for 2 years now, one promotion from senior consultant to Manager.

Extra-Curriculars:
played D1 Rugby for 3 years, Captain my last year. Still playing competitive Rugby. Post-grad, i've volunteered at the Local Childrens Hospital, helped set up walks and runs to benefit children's cancer and arthritis.

Goals:
Either move into more of a traditional finance role such as iB or become a fintech product manager.

Short/long Term Schools:
I'm interested in the following part-time programs:
-Booth Evening & Weekend MBA
-Berkeley EWMBA
-NYU Stern Part Time MBA
-UCLA Anderson FEMBA
-USC Marshall

Thanks in advance!
Expert Post
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B
Re: !!Profile Evaluation Request!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2017, 15:17
Hi there,

Impressive career progression! If you love your industry and are doing well / happy to move up, then it sounds like a part time program is ideal for you. Your GMAT is in the 80% range for most programs, but below the average; so as you probably know, it would help to improve your score. The other big part of the part time application is demonstrating why this track is right for you, and what you're going to do with it. PT adcom want to see that your company is supportive (that you've taken steps to ensure that you'll have time for all of this), and that you have fairly concrete plans because career-switching / exploration is not as easy to do in a part time program.

That said, it sounds like you have nice experience, extracurricular leadership and a good GPA; so I think you'll be in the running for the programs you're looking at. Go visit, talk to the admissions office / current students, and do your research so that each school's application is customized and makes clear why that specific program is right for you.

Hope that helps!

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
http://www.vantagepointadmissions.com
MBA Admissions Consulting: Reimagined
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

Re: !!Profile Evaluation Request!!   [#permalink] 03 Aug 2017, 15:17

!!Profile Evaluation Request!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap