It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 02:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Profile evaluation request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 19:51
Sex: Male
Nationality: Indian

Mechanical graduate from top reputed private university (Non IIT) with a GPA of 8.9. (top 7 percent) Would be 3.9 plus in US system.

I did a six months internship at Tata motors during my 6th semester and was among 6 students selected from a batch of 140. Received Six sigma green belt for successfully completing training and project. Also was awarded best trainee second runners up.

Masters in mechanical engineering - UC Berkeley (Highest ranked public engineering university in the world)
GRE of 331/340.
3.8 GPA in masters (Top 10 percent).
Awarded Fung Fellow designation and 20k dollars merit scholarship from Berkeley.

First attempt GMAT - 770. Q51 V42. IR 8 AWA 5.5

Working as a product quality engineer in a German multinational (Fresenius, Global F-500 and world leader in dialysis therapy) in San Francisco since mid 2016.
Fresenius is more than a century old company and is the largest dialysis medical devices manufacturer in the world as well as has nearly 90 percent market share in the dialysis market. They are the largest hospital group in Europe owning about 100 hospitals there and a few thousand clinics in USA.

Extra curriculars:
State level badminton player in school
Convener of muse club in college.
Participated and won a lot of literary and quizzing events in college.
Have 2nd year degree certificate for tabla
Also planning to take CFA level 1 by Dec and level 2 by June next year.

I am planning to apply to Harvard , Wharton or Stanford after 2 years. What can I do to improve my profile. Also do I have a chance in these universities.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 39

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 10:53
valyrian wrote:
Sex: Male
Nationality: Indian
hi valyrian, thanks for your question. Let me address below...
Mechanical graduate from top reputed private university (Non IIT) with a GPA of 8.9. (top 7 percent) Would be 3.9 plus in US system.

I did a six months internship at Tata motors during my 6th semester and was among 6 students selected from a batch of 140. Received Six sigma green belt for successfully completing training and project. Also was awarded best trainee second runners up.

Masters in mechanical engineering - UC Berkeley (Highest ranked public engineering university in the world)
GRE of 331/340.
3.8 GPA in masters (Top 10 percent).
Awarded Fung Fellow designation and 20k dollars merit scholarship from Berkeley.

First attempt GMAT - 770. Q51 V42. IR 8 AWA 5.5
All this is great- and will absolutely help you stand out in this process.
Working as a product quality engineer in a German multinational (Fresenius, Global F-500 and world leader in dialysis therapy) in San Francisco since mid 2016.
Fresenius is more than a century old company and is the largest dialysis medical devices manufacturer in the world as well as has nearly 90 percent market share in the dialysis market. They are the largest hospital group in Europe owning about 100 hospitals there and a few thousand clinics in USA.

Extra curriculars:
State level badminton player in school
Convener of muse club in college.
Participated and won a lot of literary and quizzing events in college.
Have 2nd year degree certificate for tabla
Also planning to take CFA level 1 by Dec and level 2 by June next year.

I am planning to apply to Harvard , Wharton or Stanford after 2 years. What can I do to improve my profile. Also do I have a chance in these universities.
I think you have all the building blocks to be successful at H/S/W or perhaps some other schools too. I think that it is great that you are now thinking about this while there is time to still improve your profile. We offer an early advantage program- and this could really help someone like you. We meet with clients (usually over email and skype) to do an audit of where they are now and where they need to be to be a viable candidate at top programs. We then make a plan to address your weakest points- which at this point might be just clarity of goals- and also developing leadership- so that when you do apply you have already thought about how to best present.
The other area I would say is for you to do some great research NOW- build those relationships with students and faculty and staff at H/S/W and others so you know WHY each is a fit for you- and you may discover for example that S is more a fit than H or W... To get that process started- reach out for a free consult and we can also share how starting early has helped our clients get great results: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Sometimes when the competition is so tough- you can set yourself apart by doing exceptional research on the schools to know why you want to go there (and not just because they are hard to get into) and also know yourself and what you really want from the MBA experience. Here's a good article about how to get to know the schools from a distance: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ram-india/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 39

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 06:53
Can you please evaluate my profile and suggest me good mba universities to target. I am open for countries like germany ,

Male Indian , 26

neitherlands , ireland , Singapore ,(USA and Canada only on scholarships, Singapore too :)).

Mainly looking for 1 year mba, targetting round2 deadlines.

Schooling : Completed my education from Sainik School Satara ( military oriented schools grade 6th to 10th)
Xth(CBSE) : 78%
XIIth(CBSE) : 81.4%

Computer Engineering ( Bachelor in Engineering) : 3.8( on scale of 4)

Published a research paper in Hand Gesture Recognition Method for Human Machine Interface at International Journal of

Information & Computation Technology (IJICT)

work expiernce :

Software Quality Assuarance(Information & Technology) 3.1 years( by the time I complete it go for admissions it willbe

close 4 years)

worked with 2 companies : Tech Mahindra(28 months) , Amdocs(8 months)

Co curriculars :

Certificate in Hockey championships) ( Silver Medal)
Certificate in Athletic events (silver Medal)
Actively invoved in arranging various events(cultural & educational) at college level and while working in Tech Mahindra.

Quiz competition :

Certificate in Intra school Bournvita Quiz Competition

Achievemnets :

Awarded assoicate of the month while working in Tech Mahindra.

Extras:
Pursuing Language and Management courses at coursera.

GMAT score : 700

I have participated in volunteering at NGOs but do not have a certificate , do you think I should join some now and have a

certificate in this regard before putting in the application as we still have time till Jan 2018( round 2 deadline).

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation request   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2017, 06:53

Profile evaluation request

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap