It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 10:35

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 15:56
Hello,

I intend to apply to business school in the Fall of 2018. Will you please evaluate my profile?

Demographics:
*25-year old, caucasian, LGBT male from USA
*Will be 26 at time of application and 27 at time of matriculation

Undergraduate:
*3.4 GPA from a top-10 liberal arts college
*Major in environmental studies and minor in public health
*Student body president

Work Experience:
*2.5 years in the consulting practice of a managed healthcare company (think Aetna, UnitedHealth Group, Blue Cross Blue Shield)
*1 year in the advisory practice of a Big 4 accounting firm (2 years at time of application)
*Promoted once in each job
*In both jobs, my clients primarily included public sector agencies that operate welfare programs for people with disabilities

GMAT:
*Q47, V48

Credentials:
*Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
*Intend to complete the HBX Core program or a college-level accounting course in order to boost my quantitative experience

Service:
*Work with a local nonprofit to provide psychosocial support to people with disabilities living in group homes
*Alumni leadership role at my alma mater

Post-MBA Goals:
*Build business acumen capabilities within nonprofits and social services agencies that serve people with disabilities

Potential Recommendations:
*1-2 current supervisors
*1 former supervisor
*Undergraduate thesis advisor

Target Schools: Wharton, Yale, Columbia, Stanford, Booth, MIT, HBS, Dartmouth

What are my chances of getting into a top 10? What are my chances of getting scholarship money from a top 20? Do you have any recommendations as to how I can enhance my application?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 12:38
crags wrote:
Hello,
Happy to offer thoughts on your profile below...
I intend to apply to business school in the Fall of 2018. Will you please evaluate my profile?

Demographics:
*25-year old, caucasian, LGBT male from USA
*Will be 26 at time of application and 27 at time of matriculation

Undergraduate:
*3.4 GPA from a top-10 liberal arts college
*Major in environmental studies and minor in public health
*Student body president
From this you have good leadership, solid grades (not top notch but should be enough to make this an issue)
Work Experience:
*2.5 years in the consulting practice of a managed healthcare company (think Aetna, UnitedHealth Group, Blue Cross Blue Shield)
*1 year in the advisory practice of a Big 4 accounting firm (2 years at time of application) Good progression, tenure is right in the sweet spot of work experience
*Promoted once in each job really great to see that.
*In both jobs, my clients primarily included public sector agencies that operate welfare programs for people with disabilities

GMAT:
*Q47, V48 This, as I am sure you know is exceptional and really will get you some good looks.

Credentials:
*Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
*Intend to complete the HBX Core program or a college-level accounting course in order to boost my quantitative experience Good idea

Service:
*Work with a local nonprofit to provide psychosocial support to people with disabilities living in group homes
*Alumni leadership role at my alma mater

Post-MBA Goals:
*Build business acumen capabilities within nonprofits and social services agencies that serve people with disabilities Great to see the passion to help support people living with disabilities- if there is a reason why this resonates with you-
know that sharing your WHY is often as important as sharing your WHAT

Potential Recommendations:
*1-2 current supervisors
*1 former supervisor
*Undergraduate thesis advisor

Target Schools: Wharton, Yale, Columbia, Stanford, Booth, MIT, HBS, Dartmouth
I can see Yale and Tuck resonating because of the purpose-driven culture. I think the Healthcare connections at Wharton and MIT and HBS could make those attractive options. For your passion to help those with disabilities- getting into that in the What matters most essay for GSB could resonate if you tell that story well. And I think that Columbia and Booth can also be options-
I might add Kellogg to your list too - not just because I am alum there but the healthcare, social impact and consulting contacts there are strong also.

What are my chances of getting into a top 10? What are my chances of getting scholarship money from a top 20? Do you have any recommendations as to how I can enhance my application?
I do think it is possible to get in any of these schools- but NONE are slam dunks as they are difficult for everyone- even those with 760 GMATs! But you do have every reason to believe that if you support your stats with a strong application you have good odds. We'd love to help you make sure you deliver on your clear career goals and strong reasons WHY for each program and if you'd like to do a free consult to discuss your situation in more detail- happy to do that- go to this link to set it up: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
We also offer a great program called early advantage where we can work with you even starting now to evaluate your profile as is-
and help you make a plan to strengthen so that when you do apply next fall you are really ready to go and you have had time to address and shore up any weaknesses. So really consider that option as I have seen great results for people who do this program in advance of applying.

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Re: Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 30 Oct 2017, 12:38

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap