It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 21:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 11:54
Hi!

Could someone please evaluate if I am on the right track for M7 and top 10 MBA programs in the US?

740 GMAT (49Q/42V)
3.3 GPA, double major in Finance/Philosophy at UT Austin

WE will be 3 years at matriculation at well known/regarded F500, doing their LDP rotational program, specifically in finance rotations.

For ECs, I spent a few months volunteering abroad with an NGO between when I graduated and when I started working, and I have lots of leadership positions for college extracurriculars, but nothing since I graduated and started working.

I plan on applying Round 1 when my 3 rotations are finished, using an MBA consultation service, so hopefully execution of the app will be good (also open to recommendations on a good admissions consultant). Currently I am thinking about CBS, Booth, Kellogg. I want to know if that is realistic or not, and what I can do to improve my chances.

There's a bit of time before I apply, so I plan on volunteering more, taking some online classes to make up for my undergrad GPA, and will hopefully have passed first two levels of the CFA exam by then (if that has any benefit on my application).

Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank you

Expert Post
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
B
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 15:28
Hi there,

Thanks for your sharing your background - overall, you are on the right track with respect to bolstering your profile, but a few things to keep in mind:

- As you pursue volunteering opportunities to strengthen that part of your profile post-college, keep an eye toward roles where you can exhibit leadership and impact
- Your post-MBA career goals will be an important part of the story, so try to think about how what you've done so far connects with what you want to do in the future

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out at https://www.ivygroupe.com/contact if that would be helpful!

Best,
Shaifali
(HBS Grad/MBA Admissions Expert)

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 23:15
Thank you!

Do you think I have a good shot of getting into those schools if I follow through with the bullet points you mentioned above? If not, what would be some more realistic schools to focus on?

I clicked through your link, but I am not applying during this MBA cycle. Do you think consultation this early would be helpful?

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 00:13
Garyy wrote:
Hi!

Could someone please evaluate if I am on the right track for M7 and top 10 MBA programs in the US?

740 GMAT (49Q/42V)

WE will be 3 years at matriculation at well known/regarded F500, doing their LDP rotational program, specifically in finance rotations.

For ECs, I spent a few months volunteering abroad with an NGO between when I graduated and when I started working, and I have lots of leadership positions for college extracurriculars, but nothing since I graduated and started working.

I plan on applying Round 1 when my 3 rotations are finished, using an MBA consultation service, so hopefully execution of the app will be good (also open to recommendations on a good admissions consultant). Currently I am thinking about CBS, Booth, Kellogg. I want to know if that is realistic or not, and what I can do to improve my chances.

There's a bit of time before I apply, so I plan on volunteering more, taking some online classes to make up for my undergrad GPA, and will hopefully have passed first two levels of the CFA exam by then (if that has any benefit on my application).

Thank you

Hi Garyy,
740 is a good score, but by no means stellar for your target schools. A huge lot will depend upon your demographics, career goals and your story. It is really important to evaluate your profile deeper for a more realistic sense. Feel free to connect for a free profile evaluation.

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)
BK
Feel free to connect for a free detailed evaluation.
The Ivy League Edge
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953
Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 42

Expert Post
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
B
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 05:45
Hi there,

Would be happy to chat with you further about your profile and school selection through the free consultation even though you're applying next year. If you can send an email to info@ivygroupe.com with your resume and the times you're available over the next couple of weeks to chat, we can schedule some time on the calendar. Thanks!

Best,
Shaifali

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [1], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 08:31
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Garyy wrote:
Hi!

740 GMAT (49Q/42V)

Thank you

Hey Gary,
Well what I like most about your profile is that with the whole Finance + Philosophy, or money + NGO profile, it really does make for a unique candidacy. Not many are the candidates who situate themselves on both sides of the divide, and I think that you have the potential here to tell a really unique story.

So the question for me would be : How do you make the most of this? What do you REALLY want to do? And how can you tell a story that is full of passion and excitement?

Do that, and you should be good to go!

Best of luck,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 1002 [1], given: 49

Re: Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2017, 08:31

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap