GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 21:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 21:14
Hi,
I request you please evaluate my profile.
Below is a brief summary of my profile:

Name: Srinivas Varma
Nationality: Indian
Sex : Male
GPA : 3.7 (Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering from a TOP 10 College )
WE: 36 months (12 Months in Electronics Hardware & 24 Months as an Entrepreneure)
GMAT: 730
Languages - 6 (English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Mandarin(basic))

I started off my career in my family business where i was tasked to develop the marketing and sales plan for product that we manufactured.
Was instrumental in building a team of 5 to address the IT Hardware Govt Tender market in India and have been successful in winning contracts and competing with many large MNCs'.

Along with this i have also started a Company in the Software Defined Networking Space in India. Have been able to successfully partner with an Australian Company and many Taiwanese companies to represent their products and drive them in the Indian Market. I have been doing this for the last 24 months.

My short term goal is to work in a Business Development role in the Tech Industry. Long term goal is to return to India and apply what i have learnt from my experience in the tech industry to both my own as well as the family business.
Extracurricular:-I enjoy playing the classical nylon string guitar(Trinity Grade 4 Level Pieces), I have represented my club in Snooker tournaments.

I request you to please let me know how competitive my profile would be for a M7 Program(specifically Kellogg or Sloan if possible).
Thank you for your time.
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B
Affiliations: Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
Re: Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2018, 08:00
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details of your profile! However, we actually are no longer providing straight profile reviews on this forum. We believe that your competitiveness at different schools relies on more than just a few stats or data points and so, a conversation is a much better way to provide that feedback and help you approach the application process. However, we'd LOVE to answer any specific questions or concerns you have about your profile or the MBA application process in general. So please feel free to respond with some more pointed questions!

Best,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2018, 22:37
Hi Melody,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I would like to specifically ask if my experience as an Entrepreneur and also running my family business will be an advantage for me when admissions teams at MIT or Kellogg take a look at my profile(considering my peer group - Indian Male).

Would really appreciate any insight given your vast experience in these matters.

Thanks Again.
B

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2018, 19:41
Hi there,

Sure, I think your experience can definitely help differentiate you in a very competitive demographic. However, the devil's in the details in terms of whether or not it will be an advantage in your apps - it will depend on what you achieved in your various roles, how you overcame challenges, etc. and how well you convey those in your essays, your resume, your recs, etc. Demonstrating your well-rounded experience not only on the technical side but as a leader will be key.

I hope that helps!

Best,
Melody

Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 04:47
Hello,

I am a 25 year old male from India. I gave my GMAT exam a few days back & got a low score of 620. Since most of the application deadlines are in Jan & since I cannot write my GMAT for atleast a month, I want to apply to colleges that best fit my profile. So can you please suggest the best program for my profile.

10th Grade (CBSE) - 70% aggregate
12th Grade (Pre University) - 84% aggregate
Engineering - Mechanical Enginnering - 8.45 CGPA

Right out of college, I joined Toyota Kirliskar Motor in the Design & Development Department & was handling all project activities related to new launches in the SUV/Pickup/MUV segment. During my 3 years in Toyota, i had a lot of international exposure which will help me. The exposure to the automotive industry also helps me a lot since my Father has his own business of Automotive parts manufacturing. Currently, i am working with him & trying to implement the things I learnt at Toyota. I feel I need an MBA in Operations management which will teach me more about how to standardize & streamline operations at the company. I also did 2 internships at L&T Komatsu & Mico Bosch which again gave me some exposure of how different industries work.

I will highlight the upward trend of score I got during my 10th, 12th & engineering (continuously improving). I also volunteer at an NGO called bosco that helps rehabilitate children whenever i get the time.

I was hoping to get a score above 650 which would have increased my chances of a better school, but could you please suggest a few colleges which you think I can apply to?

Thank you
Tutuapp 9apps Aptoide
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 11:27
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! The GMAT is a tough nut to crack, for sure, and many applicants take it more than once. Are you sure you don't want to give it another shot?

Either way, school selection is a pretty in-depth and personal process and so it's not something we can advise you on based on a few sentences and data points. However, I developed a great framework to help folks think through school selection and it think it would be great to get you started: How to Decide Where to Apply

Best of luck!

Kindly,
Melody

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 06:06
As you are a college dropout with no professional degree as such.If you are not getting any way out of your mess just go with the things which you love to do.Like you told that you love cooking. Why don't you make this your career.

There are many people who are living out for jobs or for studies. Such people don't want Chinese or continental food.They need simple ghar ka khana.

So for this you don't have to get any degree.

Make your hobby your passion. Open a small hotel .If you don't have financial support open a portable stall.Even if you are not having that much money ,you can start mess of tiffins from your house.At least start ,to reach somewhere. Best wishes.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request &nbs [#permalink] 05 Oct 2018, 06:06

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap