It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 19:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation request and seeking suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation request and seeking suggestions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2017, 11:22
Hello,

I took GMAT the second time and got another disappointing score of 590 (Q45V26). But, Since I do not want to wait for another year, I want to apply this year with my current score.

Basically, I would look at the ROI+change of career path. I'm not expecting to take up a high position with high salary immediately after my MBA but a program that will help me be at a better position than I'm in now and then grow steadily.(Growth at my current job is almost zero)

So, considering my objectives of doing an MBA, Could you please let me know which are the schools I can apply for and can expect a call from.

Here is my profile in details:

- Indian, Female, age-32
- Btech in Mechanical engineering (CGPA: 7.6/10)
- 10 years of experience in Indian IT company as design engineer in aerospace domain.
- Have some global exp in US and Canada working as onsite coordinator (For Major aerospace clients in US and Canada)
- Have led various teams and taken up managerial roles.
- Have secured few awards.
- Active member of event management club of the company that organizes various activities for employees and their families.

Please suggest me schools in Canada and USA that you think I should give a try at.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile evaluation request and seeking suggestions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2017, 14:57
What are your career goals? Need a bit more info to recommend otherwise you would just be targeted schools in the bottom of the top 50

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2017, 08:54
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
What are your career goals? Need a bit more info to recommend otherwise you would just be targeted schools in the bottom of the top 50

Thanks for your reply :)
I have been working as a design engineer for aircrafts all these years. Being just an engineering graduate and having experience in a niche market where supply is more than demand, I feel I'm just a redundant resource in the market. So, now I want to change my career path and widen up my horizon. Since, I'm a mechanical engineer and have worked with manufacturing companies (as supplier), I want to pursue a career in operations and SCM now. I believe my experience in manufacturing industries gives me an edge in the field of operation management plus I think it's a very interesting area to work in.

Since, I stand no chance in top schools because of my GMAT score, I have come up with a list of schools considering my low score:

Katz, Pittsburg,
Concordia Univeristy, Montreal,
University of Tennessee
Temple University

Like I have mentioned in the previous post, I do not expect to be in a high position or draw high salary right after my MBA but a MBA that will help me grow professionally.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted you to know exactly what I need out of a MBA :). So, please suggest me whether my approach in right and if it is right whether I stand any chance in these schools.

Thanks and looking forward to your reply

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 17:16
Thanks for sharing all of this I'm glad you are being realistic with your list I think it makes sense given your career goals. I think you are approaching this process and your school selection the right way

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2017, 02:38
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Thanks for sharing all of this I'm glad you are being realistic with your list I think it makes sense given your career goals. I think you are approaching this process and your school selection the right way

Thanks a lot for the reply :)

Profile evaluation request and seeking suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap