Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request:Indian/Earth Resources Background [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Sorry for the delay on this--for some reason was missing this post last month. I think you have done several things to position you well for a career in finance, particularly in your speciality of energy finance. I would also look at Rice as I mentioned in the other post above. The CFA will be impressive and will help you stand out as an Indian applicant since not many Indian applicants will have the CFA designation. Your work experience is a bit light on years, but seems pretty intensive from a consulting perspective. you will need to make the connection between what you do now and how that will position you well to make the leap to finance. Emphasize the quantitative or data analytics portion of your current role. Be able to speak passionately about why finance interests you--try to say something not everyone would be able to say.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bryantmichaels wrote:
Sorry for the delay on this--for some reason was missing this post last month. I think you have done several things to position you well for a career in finance, particularly in your speciality of energy finance. I would also look at Rice as I mentioned in the other post above. The CFA will be impressive and will help you stand out as an Indian applicant since not many Indian applicants will have the CFA designation. Your work experience is a bit light on years, but seems pretty intensive from a consulting perspective. you will need to make the connection between what you do now and how that will position you well to make the leap to finance. Emphasize the quantitative or data analytics portion of your current role. Be able to speak passionately about why finance interests you--try to say something not everyone would be able to say.

Sir,
Thanks for the detailed review of my profile. Given my less work experience, I am looking forward to apply for some Ms Finance programs to break into finance industry,. Can you please suggest me MSF programs(not quant oriented) in US & Canada.

I will be grateful if provided with the info.

Thanking you in advance
Send PM
Expert Reply
Most reputable MBA programs are going to have a good MS program as well, so I would start with schools known for finance such as Virginia, Chicago, Duke.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bryantmichaels wrote:
Most reputable MBA programs are going to have a good MS program as well, so I would start with schools known for finance such as Virginia, Chicago, Duke.

Thanks for the information sir.
GMAT Club Bot