GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 11:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request. Indian/ Male/ 750/ 3 Years WE

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation Request. Indian/ Male/ 750/ 3 Years WE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 09:42
Hello everyone,

Profile evaluation for MBA for admission in 2021 in top 15 MBA colleges in Europe and US.

Age at the time of admission: 24 years

GMAT Score: 750 (Q49, V41)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Electronics and Communication, DTU (Formerly DCE) - 75.45% (8.29 CGPA with college’s conversion formula)
Class 12: 95.8%
Class 10: 10.0/10.0

Work Experience: 3 years (at the time of admission) - currently -> 1 years 8 months.

Worked as a Business Analyst for UnitedHealth Group (US Fortune 6 Healthcare organisation) for Marketing Analytics team. Performance measurement until now includes , consecutive thrice over-driver ratings, 2 promotions in 1 year, 2 organizational awards.

Extra curricular activities:
Vice-Chairperson, IEEE DTU - lead a team of more than 200 members through year long organizational and event work.
Volunteer, local vocational training NGO (worked during college)
Other society activities in college.
Other hobbies and activities include Golf, Music.

Other academic activities include published research papers in Electronics and Communication Engg.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

PS: Have an ISB EEO admit for ‘21
Director
Director
P
Re: Profile Evaluation Request. Indian/ Male/ 750/ 3 Years WE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 23:00
A few thoughts on your profile aryanm:
  1. The academic pedigree is solid given the DTU brand. The % and GPA can be slightly confusing. Don't convert unless absolutely necessary and try to put some relative sense on it instead for the benefit of the adcoms. The GMAT will be a big plus of course.
  2. While UHG is a decent brand, the Indian operations has traditionally not had a stellar record of being a feeder to top programs. Have you see on the contrary? The awards and promotions help. You'd still have to think about how to match up to others with a lot more experience though.
  3. You may be aware that in general, the average experience is in the 4-5 years range at most good/top bschools out there. While I understand that the EEO puts additional pressure, but even so, applying for the 2021 intake is likely to pull down your prospects to quite an extent.
  4. The IEEE bit will help. But it's in the past. Recency is quite critical when it comes to MBA applications, especially for the top league programs. On that front, there seems to be a bit of a blank/gap. Worth reinvigorating that with some focus.

Overall, it would be better to wait another year, further build the profile and then apply. Does that make sense for you?

Watch these MBA Videos
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 23:13
Thank you for the detailed response MG4MBACrystalBall. All bits of it make complete sense. Though, would it be possible for you to suggest the kind of steps I could take in the coming few months that would help me in matching up with more experienced candidates.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 23:26
Nothing's impossible really aryanm :)

Do check out the Profile Builder I shared. We've designed that for exactly this purpose of defining the right career next steps.

Watch these MBA Videos
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation Request. Indian/ Male/ 750/ 3 Years WE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 23:28
Awesome, Great. I will check that out. Thank you for the help.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Profile Evaluation Request. Indian/ Male/ 750/ 3 Years WE   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2020, 23:28

Profile Evaluation Request. Indian/ Male/ 750/ 3 Years WE

new topic post reply Update application status