It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 17:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request/Likelihood of scholarships

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request/Likelihood of scholarships [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 14:46
Hi, I am currently 24 years, female, south asian. If I went in 2018, I'd be 26 by then.

Work experience: I worked for a big 4 consulting firm in federal technology for two years, and now work for a well known political news/media company in Corporate Strategy and Development (we don't swing left or right, if that matters). By the time I apply, I'd have worked at the news org for over 1 year. Total 3 years experience before applying, about 4 years before attending.
Undergrad stats: 3.75 GPA, business degree, state school in NJ. Graduated in the top 10% at least and got recognition for that.

What GMAT scores would I need to get into a top 10 school? What would I need to do to get any scholarships (if possible) for a top 20 school? Any advice is really helpful, because I don't have a ton of money and would need to take on the full cost of schooling in debt.

Based on some preliminary practice, I'm confident I can pull off at least a 700, but I feel like I will need much higher than that to even get a chance at money.
If it matters, I'd probably want to continue doing corporate strategy and development out of college, but might want to switch to a different organization type and my overall goal is to build my network and refine my thinking.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 462 [1] , given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Request/Likelihood of scholarships [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2017, 07:54
This post received
KUDOS
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your background with us. You have a great GPA which is a strong start for any top tier program. For top 10 schools, you should look at aiming for a 720-740, and if you want a scholarship at a top 20 program, I'd seek secure a 730+.

Your work experience is quite intriguing, and I'm sure you're doing a lot of great things there. It's not ideal to discuss these in forums, but a couple things missing from this discussion are your leadership capacity and your involvement. These are big factors that help you stand out from the crowd, especially when we consider you for top 10 programs. Further, anything you can do to help refine your goals will help the AdComm formulate an opinion that you will do big things after business school.

Hope this information helps. If you'd like to talk more about which schools make sense for you or how we can help you craft your story, we'd love to chat. Just sign up for a free consultation below. In the meantime, feel free to check out some of our free resources as you prepare your R1 applications.

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let us know!

Kudos [?]: 462 [1] , given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Request/Likelihood of scholarships   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2017, 07:54