Joined: 10 Mar 2014
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
, given: 9
Profile Evaluation Request - older applicant [#permalink]
09 Jun 2014, 10:10
I am seeking a profile evaluation for myself. Below are the pertinent details. Thanks in advance for your time.
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I have close to 11 years work experience in Information Technology in the Healthcare domain. This includes 4 years in India and 7 years in USA with clients such as Aetna, Express Scripts and Horizon BCBS.
For the first 9 years, I was a part of Infosys Ltd and quit as a project manager; during this time I have had an opportunity to manage teams working on IT projects (Team size 12 - 15 people) to oversee all aspects of the project lifecycle, respond to client proposals, business development and pre-sales support.
The last two years of my experience was with Cognizant Solutions Ltd in the capacity of Manager-consulting. My responsibilities included managing a team of consultants, who were responsible for business process consulting and also managing the client-vendor relationship for Cognizant.
I have worked with diverse teams in global delivery model and managed teams based out of India as well as US.
I have been on a break for the last year and a half (had a baby and been on break since March 2013). I am afraid how this will impact my applications.
2) Your GMAT.
GMAT2 740 Over all (Q50, V 40, I.R 7 and AWA 6)
GMAT1 680 Overall (Q45, V 40, I.R 2 and AWA 5.5)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
I did my Bachelors of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications from K.J.Somaiya College Of Engineering (Mumbai University, India). The university doesn't follow GPA, but I finished my B.E in Honors (distinction) and stood 13th in Electronics and Telecommunications in all of Mumbai University. I was also a J.R.D Tata and Ratan Tata scholar for academic performance for all four years of my engineering studies.
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
College - Managed the activities for the Electronics Engineering Students Association. This association was responsible for conducting technical seminars and workshops.
Post College - Anchored Knowledge Management initiatives for project (won the best knowledge management award) : Involved ensuring certifications of team members, managing and initiating creation of reusable artifacts and knowledge sharing initiatives.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
Americas Health Insurance Primer - Part A, B and Managed Care
6) Your target programs. Please note that my experience is with the top MBA programs (FT, PT, EMBA, Sloan Fellows) around the world. If the programs you are targeting are not listed here, I may not respond due to lack of time.
Very interested in the MIT Sloan Fellow program and Rottman. Please advise if I do stand a chance.
I am also interested in your suggestions for other one-year programs. I am open to USA, Canada and Singapore locations.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
Looking to start school in 2015. In process of applying for IIM-A
8) Your post-MBA goal.
Would like to stay in the same field and continue in IT consulting. Not looking for a career change.
Thanks again for your time.