It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 19:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request - USC Part-time MBA program

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation Request - USC Part-time MBA program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 09:00
Hello Stratus Admissions consultants,

Thanks for reading.
I was hoping for a profile review to see what my chances are of getting into USC's part-time MBA program.

BACKGROUND:
Work experience: 6.5 years in the mortgage banking industry
3 years - Quality Control Auditor
1 years - Capital Markets Analyst
2.5 years - Corporate Oversight (Compliance, Counterparty Risk, Project Management/Implementation)
Unfortunately, I don't have much direct management experience, and I've worked at the same company (150 to 200 employees) since UG graduation. The company is small, private, and not very well known.

Undergrad school/major GPA: UC Irvine - Dual BA: Economics/International Studies (GPA: 2.87) - Completed in 2012.
UCLA Extension (Pre-MBA courses): Accounting 1a/1b, Business Statistics, Macroeconomics, (3.9 GPA) - Taken in 2015.

GMAT Score: xxx (aiming for 700-730)
Race/nationality: Korean
Sex: Male
Current Age: 30

Reasons for MBA:
1) Education
2) Networking
3) Become the CEO of my current company (family business). Not sure if this is entirely relevant, but my father is a former Trojan as well, and he wants me to be his successor.

I'm planning to take the GMAT soon, and If I achieve a 700+ GMAT score, can you gauge my chances of getting into USC's part-time MBA program? Thank you in advance for any feedback/insight!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation Request - USC Part-time MBA program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 11:56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
carpediem437 wrote:
Hello Stratus Admissions consultants,

Thanks for reading.
I was hoping for a profile review to see what my chances are of getting into USC's part-time MBA program.

BACKGROUND:
Work experience: 6.5 years in the mortgage banking industry
3 years - Quality Control Auditor
1 years - Capital Markets Analyst
2.5 years - Corporate Oversight (Compliance, Counterparty Risk, Project Management/Implementation)
Unfortunately, I don't have much direct management experience, and I've worked at the same company (150 to 200 employees) since UG graduation. The company is small, private, and not very well known.

Undergrad school/major GPA: UC Irvine - Dual BA: Economics/International Studies (GPA: 2.87) - Completed in 2012.
UCLA Extension (Pre-MBA courses): Accounting 1a/1b, Business Statistics, Macroeconomics, (3.9 GPA) - Taken in 2015.

GMAT Score: xxx (aiming for 700-730)
Race/nationality: Korean
Sex: Male
Current Age: 30

Reasons for MBA:
1) Education
2) Networking
3) Become the CEO of my current company (family business). Not sure if this is entirely relevant, but my father is a former Trojan as well, and he wants me to be his successor.

I'm planning to take the GMAT soon, and If I achieve a 700+ GMAT score, can you gauge my chances of getting into USC's part-time MBA program? Thank you in advance for any feedback/insight!

I think having the higher GMAT could offset the lower GPA. It is great that you took some business classes and did well as that also helps improve your academic profile. I think that your family business interest and that your father is a Trojan all help you. I think if you put together a compelling application you can be successful. Leverage the relationships your father has to talk to other alums and be sure to have specific reasons in your why...The Family Business Program at Marshall could be a strong part of that:https://www.marshall.usc.edu/programs/executive-education-programs/family-business-program so have specific programs and professors in mind. If you would like Stratus to help, we have lots of resources and strong counselors to help-- the best way to get started there is to reach out for a free consult at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: Profile Evaluation Request - USC Part-time MBA program   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2018, 11:56

Profile Evaluation Request - USC Part-time MBA program

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap