GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 09:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation - Rutgers MBA PT/FT

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation - Rutgers MBA PT/FT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 10:01
Looking to get a profile evaluation if I am targeting Rutgers for my MBA. One big set back for not directly targeting a FT program would be giving up my salary since I assume due to my lower GPA I am a less of a target for a full scholarship. Looking to target Rutgers for their concentration in pharmaceutical management and analytics courses.

1. GMAT 640 (Q36 V41; Essay: 5.5; IR6) - debating retaking to raise quant score

2. UG GPA 3.04 (California State University, Fullerton: Double major B.S. Cellular & Developmental Biology (3.41 Major GPA) / B.A. Marketing). Something to note as well this is only my undergraduate GPA, I was in a community college prior to transferring - 2.66 for an overall 2.89 if I include my community college GPA. Reason for low UG GPA - I worked throughout college and was working through both majors at the same time as well as all summers.

3. Biotech/Pharma/Tech WE: 44mo-56mo (18 month Marketing Strategist in top 3 hereditary diagnostics firm and then 14 month in commercial analytics/sales operations in pharma, 12 month sales operations in tech and may have 12mo of data warehousing/commercial operations consulting in pharma by the time I apply in the next year/1.5 years)

4. Hispanic Male: Will be 29/30 when applying

5. Not many extracurricular in terms of clubs: license private pilot & been focusing on my personal technical skills in SQL/Python/Data warehousing.

Any suggestions truly appreciated!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation - Rutgers MBA PT/FT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 12:16
Wobbles wrote:
Looking to get a profile evaluation if I am targeting Rutgers for my MBA. One big set back for not directly targeting a FT program would be giving up my salary since I assume due to my lower GPA I am a less of a target for a full scholarship. Looking to target Rutgers for their concentration in pharmaceutical management and analytics courses.
Hi @Wobbles, First before you go any further-- consider applying through the Consortium: https://cgsm.org/blog/ as there are some scholarship opportunities through this option-- and I have worked with clients applying through Consortium and seen great results. So don't limit yourself to just Rutgers part-time for financial reasons.
1. GMAT 640 (Q36 V41; Essay: 5.5; IR6) - debating retaking to raise quant score
Would be great to improve Q score-- consider also taking MBA Math to show you can handle MBA level work.
https://www.mbamath.com/

2. UG GPA 3.04 (California State University, Fullerton: Double major B.S. Cellular & Developmental Biology (3.41 Major GPA) / B.A. Marketing). Something to note as well this is only my undergraduate GPA, I was in a community college prior to transferring - 2.66 for an overall 2.89 if I include my community college GPA. Reason for low UG GPA - I worked throughout college and was working through both majors at the same time as well as all summers. I have worked with clients who have similar stories-- and there is a way to provide context on this in optional essay

3. Biotech/Pharma/Tech WE: 44mo-56mo (18 month Marketing Strategist in top 3 hereditary diagnostics firm and then 14 month in commercial analytics/sales operations in pharma, 12 month sales operations in tech and may have 12mo of data warehousing/commercial operations consulting in pharma by the time I apply in the next year/1.5 years)

4. Hispanic Male: Will be 29/30 when applying Now is a great time to work with a consulting firm to help get your profile in good shape so you are ready when you apply. We have an early edge program that can help you get ready now-- or consider starting applications now-- I think you can present well in the upcoming R1 2018

5. Not many extracurricular in terms of clubs: license private pilot & been focusing on my personal technical skills in SQL/Python/Data warehousing.
Your stats even as is compare favorably for Rutgers part-time MBA as you have a better GMAT than their avg and your GPA is not too far off their avg of 3.27. I have had great results with clients with a similar profile to you in getting scholarships and in getting acceptances at strong programs-- and Rutgers is great-- but I encourage you to look at Consortium-- mentioned above with link and let us help you present your strongest applications-- as I think you have even more options out there if you want them. Best wishes! and if you want to learn more how we can help-- go to this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/ or send me a private message to learn more.
Any suggestions truly appreciated!

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation - Rutgers MBA PT/FT &nbs [#permalink] 21 Mar 2018, 12:16

Profile Evaluation - Rutgers MBA PT/FT

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap