It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 00:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Scholarships in Top-20 US B-Schools

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Profile Evaluation - Scholarships in Top-20 US B-Schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2017, 22:57
Hi,

I am 29 years old Indian Male. I have experience of 7 years in Project Management in EPC arm of Linde India Ltd (a member of Linde Group), a leading industrial gases company in India. Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 740 (Q50, V40, IR6, AWA4.5)

Education
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from Tier-1 college in India (IITs) (CGPA: 7.47/10)

Work Experience
Total work experience of 7 years in project engineering division at Linde India Limited (formerly BOC India Limited). This is my first job after finishing undergrad.
Manager - Projects (2014 - present)
Deputy Manager - Projects (2011 - 2014)
Graduate Engineer Trainee (2010 - 2011)

My current role is:
- Project Management: Manage end to end execution of multiple EPC projects with complete monitoring and control of cost, time and quality.
- Project Procurement Management: Manage entire procurement process for these projects as well as directly handle end to end procurement of various goods and services.
- Cost Estimation: Responsible for preparing cost estimates for all in-house non-core business opportunities.
- Process Improvement: Initiating and executing six sigma projects for improvement of established processes within the department.
- Change Management: Part of GST implementation team; Led a project for codifying all project related goods & services for PAN india GST implementation in ERP system. Consulting project teams for their GST related queries.

International Exposure
- Coordinating with Linde Germany's project team for their deliverables under consortium contracts.
- Working with Linde Sri Lanka team for a cost estimate for modernization of one of their plants.
- Did a 3 months internship in an Australian university during my undergrad. Worked as Research Assistant.

Achievements
- Nominated for Linde’s Country Excellence Award in 2016.
- Received “excellent” performance rating for last 3 consecutive years.
- Was selected for Dream Team 2010 and received personal mentorship from Division Head.
- Received a special mid-year appraisal for outstanding performance

Extra-curriculars
- Travel coordinator for biannual departmental conference held in 2014 (Srinagar, India) and 2016 (Bhutan)
- Website maintenance secretary for student's association at college.
- Led a 5-member team to organize an informal event of one-minute games; made it hit for two years in a row.

Additional Information
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – KPMG.
- Enrolled in MicroMasters Program in Supply Chain Management – MITx (Completed 3 out 5 courses).
- Published a research paper in “International Journal of Hydrogen Energy”.
- Languages: Hindi (native), English (fluent), Bengali and French (basic).
- Hobbies: Travelling to explore new places, cultures & Cuisines, Landscape Photography, Playing Guitar.

Due to financial constraints I am currently planning to apply to only 1 year MBAs: Insead, HEC Paris, ISB, NUS, NTU. But I may think of applying to 2 year MBAs in US if I can get decent amount of scholarships to cover up at least 60-70% of my total expenses.

I would like you to address my following questions:
1. How is my overall profile for above mentioned schools as well as for Top-20 B-Schools in US?
2. Would my limited international exposure and no community service be a concern? How can I compensate for this in my applications.
3. Based on my profile, which Top-20 B-Schools may provide me decent amount of scholarships?

Thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - Scholarships in Top-20 US B-Schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 20:01
Thanks for sharing your profile:

1. How is my overall profile for above mentioned schools as well as for Top-20 B-Schools in US?
I think you have a good profile for top 20, good GMAT, track record of career progression, your challenge will be your competitive applicant pool
2. Would my limited international exposure and no community service be a concern? How can I compensate for this in my applications.
It won't help you, especially the lack of community service, you will have to tout the volunteer/ECs you have had as well as make sure the other areas of your profile make-up for this gap
3. Based on my profile, which Top-20 B-Schools may provide me decent amount of scholarships?
When looking at scholarships, your profile has to look premium in comparison to other candidates, so basically in comparison to the avg GMAT, GPA, work experience you should be in the top category at your target schools. So I would look at the bottom end of the top 20 for schools that fit that for you given your career goals

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - Scholarships in Top-20 US B-Schools

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap