Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation/suggestions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
GoPanthers wrote:
Thanks for the feedback; I will definitely take your advice into consideration.

I think the application process this year, putting everything into it and not just applying as a reapplication strategy could be beneficial in that it will help me with essays and interviews (I have heard some people say their later applications were the best). This along with showing commitment hopefully will end up as a positive for my applications if I do need to reapply.

The main reason I chose these two reaches was they are in that upper echelon of schools and seem to be the most re-applicant friendly (high percent of re-applicants accepted) of other M7+tuck. I didn’t originally list NYU because wondered how competitive I would be, and that acceptance rate scares me. I had always planned that if I got into a duke level school then NYU would be a second round attempt to move up (in that I would rather go their over Fuqua).

I have tossed around the alternative transcript idea, but was thinking if it wasn't calc/stat or a course I did poorly in it didn’t affect as much. I will def. look into taking some accounting courses (never taken any, probably would make sense for goal after MBA, and may help with CFA study). I have gotten conflicting info on where to take it, would taking courses online through UC Berkeley extension program be judged equally as a community college or local uni course? The online courses would probably work out better for my schedule, but afraid there is a stigma associated.

In terms of showing you can excel in a traditional academic environment, traditional classes are better. On the other hand, UC Berkeley is well-regarded and known for rigor. Furthermore, getting B's in traditional classes (especially when you could get A's in online ones just because of the flexibility) won't do you any good. If you feel the online flexibility will make a difference in your final grade, then go with the online. Also, will the transcript show that it was completed online? If not, definitely go online.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation/suggestions [#permalink]